XRays and electronics

Don't be silly :-)

How much do you think a surgery would make per dentist?

They do say a dentist will never go broke practicing dentistry. :-)

My point was it is possible, not even that difficult to open a small business and compete on income with a dentist. I didn't mean to say that everyone does but I think a reasonable well run business would. The problem with dentistry is the dentist has to be there to do the work. Most businesses are more open to expansion, once a dentist gets to 40hours a week full time that's pretty much where it stops. Also, to be fair and make an "on average" comparison you should include the la pochettas that started small but now make millions.

Michael

Reply to
Michael C

profit

Do tell us, but a it's lot more than a restaurant per waiter.

See, you do understand.

Sure it's *possible* to win tattslotto too, but hardly relevant.

Mr.

Reply to
Mr.T

What relevance does that have? Per owner might have some relevance.

It doesn't mean they make a fortune.

Silly statement really. The chances of a restaurant making as much as a surgery are extremely good. Do the maths, a dentist might bring in $300 an hour average and bill 30 hours a week for 48 weeks of the year for a total of $432,000. This is a pretty optimistic figure as a dentist has a lot of work to do besides be in the chair + they get cancellations. Most of the surgeries I've been to have 4 or 5 staff per dentist, so 4 x $35,000 is

140k. Subtract $10k a month for running costs and paying off expensive equipment and you're left with $172,000. And I think the initial income is a fairly optimistic figure, if he spent 30 hours in the chair he'd be at the surgery 50 hours per week minimum (he has to run a business also remember). The staff figure is probably low too as these are trained dental nurses and there's workcover, super etc. It would be fairly easy for the figure to get closer to $100k.

On the other hand compare the full range of restaurants from your cafe on the corner to mcdonalds (they started off as a small business too).......

Michael

Reply to
Michael C