Wrong charger

I charged an electric shaver with a charger for another device. It charged the shaver in a few seconds when the instructions for the shaver says it takes 8 hours to charge. Have I damaged the shaver?

Reply to
ZzReg

Does the shaver still work?

Given that the charger gave up at a few seconds, I suspect that it's actually done nothing.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

It didn't actually fully charge the shaver in a few second, that's technically not possible. It most likely just cut out detecting something was wrong. Given that you have given no technical details at all, it's not possible to comment re.damage. But good quality devices are usually protected and regulated in some way. Do you have the correct charger?, and does it still work?

Dave.

--------------------------------------------- Check out my Electronics Engineering Video Blog & Podcast:

David L. Jones