Wire labelling

What are people doing about wire labelling now ?

I'm basically talking about wires that are premade, so the system needs to be able to handle cables that already have what can be quite large connectors on them like SCARTs or RS232 connectors.

Basically want a label that lies flat on the cable, so it should last a while.

Not really interested in something very expensive.

Doesnt have to be printed labels, tho that would be better.

Reply to
Rod Speed

**Depends on what you call "expensive" of course. Farnell have a pretty decent range of options.

Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to
Trevor Wilson

We use either printed tape from a Canon labeller or those plastic cable-ties with a label tag on them. First may be better for you than the second (the tags stick out, particularly bigger ones).

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

while.

I use a set of alphanumerical rings that slide on around the cable, although most of what I use it for is distinguishing audio channels and a couple rolls of different coloured wire for power/acc/on/gnd.

you've got options from little paper tags that tie on with string to one of them labelmaker machines which tend to be quite good, or look into optical fibre tags - might be just what you're looking for. little bit of tape designed to loop around a 12f cable, around 8mm dia, stick on both sides, and have a fair bit of writing surface.

depends on how many cables you're going to lay and what you wish to spend. cheapest option is the paper tags - couple hundred for a dollar from any newsagent worth his salt.

-mark

Reply to
Mark H

[snip]

I use a bit of clear heatshrink with the label underneath, make the whole think a bit more sturdy than stick on labels.

Mike

Reply to
mikegw

Sorry, brain fart. I missed the bit about there already being plugs on the end.

Mike

Reply to
mikegw

I use a Panduit labeller, but not cheap.

Rod

Reply to
Rod