Windows Media Player Hangs Drives

After ripping 2 or 3 CDs the Drives become bush and won't
reset when a new disk is inserted. This in turn causes media
player to partially hang in that it can be closed but is still listed
as an active process in the task manager......

I am wondering why this might happen.

I have three CD drives set up the following way.

Drive D LG DVD Rom as primary slave
Drive E Pioneer DVR 109 burner Secondary Master
Liteon CD burner secondary slave

The LG is slaved off the same cable as my hard drive while
the other two are slaved off the secondary IDE connector
on their own seperate cable

Any idea why this would cause such symptons. Note I did spend
last night with everything opened up and changed jumper settings
and swapped the IDE cables trying to work out if that was the cause
and changed the drive assignments and all appears well now but it
really bugs me and as a last resort I took the Liteon out of the system
and just kept the LG and Pioneer in there.

Re: Windows Media Player Hangs Drives

Try disabling the morgan stream switcher plugin. This thing does some
weird shit at times.

On 26 Dec 2005 14:21:00 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@internode.on.net