Windows Media Player Hangs Drives

After ripping 2 or 3 CDs the Drives become bush and won't reset when a new disk is inserted. This in turn causes media player to partially hang in that it can be closed but is still listed as an active process in the task manager......

I am wondering why this might happen.

I have three CD drives set up the following way.

Drive D LG DVD Rom as primary slave Drive E Pioneer DVR 109 burner Secondary Master Liteon CD burner secondary slave

The LG is slaved off the same cable as my hard drive while the other two are slaved off the secondary IDE connector on their own seperate cable

Any idea why this would cause such symptons. Note I did spend last night with everything opened up and changed jumper settings and swapped the IDE cables trying to work out if that was the cause and changed the drive assignments and all appears well now but it really bugs me and as a last resort I took the Liteon out of the system and just kept the LG and Pioneer in there.

Reply to
sittinginthepool

The Real Andy