Why don't they mark SMD caps?

Well, looking at some bog-standard 0805 0.1 uF 16V ceramic caps available from Digikey, only Kemet mentions even optional marking (as E noted above). No mention at all, that I saw, in the datasheets for Panasonic or Murata or Yageo or Johanson. Must be that those are all "el cheapo" brands, I suppose.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

That is a KEMET LASER MARKING option.

Do you really think that all cap makers follow the same business model as Kemet?

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I do know that resistors are far easier to emblazon letters onto than a ceramic cap is.

Ten glazed caps go in as one value, and come out as ten different values.

Lasers cost more than cheap glaze and ovens?

Sure it is also about cost. Not only was marking them hard when they did do it, but now that they are physically smaller, it would cost considerably more to mark them legibly now than it used to. They would have to use a tighter focus laser, for starters, as the res of the old lasers is likely to low for the tinyer lettering.

Reply to
VioletaPachydermata

Bullshit, if you believe the jerks in this NG your business won't go very far. If the part is too small to label, then how can you label it? That's the real reason. It's not because of it's too cheap. Another wrong interpretation of the Rednecks.

Reply to
Richardson

You're a goddamned idiot. IF you had enough brains to read the ENTIRE thread, you would know that we are talking about 0805 and larger form factors.

Since you are a total retard from the get go, however, you are clueless every time you post.

They do not do it because it saves several manufacturing process steps, idiot. THAT IS COST. Go the f*ck away, idiot.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Then you've missed:

Dorothy with the Red Shoes on LargeMarge ValleyGirl

Michael A. Terrell

I'm forgetful ;-) I do now remember ValleyGirl. My apologies... I only see follow-ups to NymNoNuts occasionally as I do my (roughly) weekly filter checks :-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

THE DIMBULB SCORECARD®

Abbey Somebody AnimalMagic Archimedes' Lever AwlSome Auger Bart! Bungalow Bill Capt. Cave Man ChairmanOfTheBored Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Corbomite Carrie

DarkMatter DarkSucker Do I really need to say? Dorothy with the Red Shoes on Dr. Heywood R. Floyd FatBytestard FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

Hattori Hanzo

Herbert John \\Jackie\\" Gleason" HiggsField IAmTheSlime ItsASecretDummy Jupiter Jaq Kai LargeMarge life imitates life MadManMoon MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

Mr.Eko Mr. Haney Mycelium Neanderthal Phat Bytestard RoyLFuchs scorpius

SkyPilot SomeKindOfWonderful

SoothSayer Spurious Response StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt Sum Ting Wong Sum Ting Wong

SuspendedInGaffa The Great Attractor

TheGlimmerMan TheKraken The Last Mimsy

TheQuickBrownFox snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

UltimatePatriot UpGrade ValleyGirl VioletaPachydermata WallyWallWhackr

Michael A. Terrell

There is no gender indicated, you retarded twit.

Both terms are Latin.

Violet pachyderm is a colored elephant.

Violet Ditzybitch is a person's name. They are two different things.

One is an animal, the other is your daughter.

But you have to be human to get such things. You do not qualify.

Reply to
VioletaPachydermata

I find it quite fitting that you waste your personal time futzing with your retarded filters. Utterly hilarious.

Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Reply to
life imitates life

You're an idiot, and you have a copyright on exactly ZERO trademarks, you retarded f*ck.

Let that damned jaw infection kill you already! Preferrably in excruciating pain.

hahahahah... You're such a pathetic joke.

Reply to
lurch

Lyrch had something you don't. Personality.

Get lost, dimbitch.

Michael A. Terrell

He also knew how to spell better than a dope like you. His name was Lurch, dumbass.

Lyrch is what you will do as that jaw causes you to writhe.

Reply to
lurch

trademarks,

It is just NymNoNuts again.

Reply to
JosephKK

I know that, that's why I referred to her as dimbitch.

Michael A. Terrell

Ate all that sugar?

Jaw hurt much?

If George Orr has his way, it will be a different world.

Reply to
George Orr

THE DIMBULB SCORECARD

Abbey Somebody AnimalMagic Archimedes' Lever AwlSome Auger Bart! Bungalow Bill Capt. Cave Man ChairmanOfTheBored Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Corbomite Carrie

DarkMatter DarkSucker Do I really need to say? Dorothy with the Red Shoes on Dr. Heywood R. Floyd FatBytestard FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor George Orr GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

Hattori Hanzo Herbert John \\Jackie\\" Gleason" HiggsField IAmTheSlime ItsASecretDummy Jupiter Jaq Kai LargeMarge life imitates life lurch