Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
May 30, 2006, 1:32 pm
rate this thread
The various Braun Oral Bs' we have make a very faint creaking
sort of whirring noise (while turned off) after being on their
induction charger. You have to hold them close to your ear to
hear it (well bay boomers like me who spent too much time in
night clubs listening to load music in the 70's do) but as
nothing should be moving inside why does it make this noise?
There is a simple coil in the base of the toothbrush that which
sit over the induction charger when it is seated in it. mainly
just curious although I also have a dead one that no longer
makes this noise and wondered if this was a clue to the cause (I
have opened the dead one up and their was just a little moisture
inside but no other obvious faults).
We've slightly trimmed the long signature. Click to see the full one.
Re: Why do induction charged electric tothbushed make a noise?
Just tried it on mine, and yes it does make a noise. Mine is a series
of "clicks" at maybe a 5Hz rate, very consistent. Weird.
When I opened mine many years ago there was (from memory) just the
coil, a diode, and an 8 pin SO chip, plus the battery.
- » LOL OTT The 15 Most Hilarious, Absurd And Brutal Rate My Teacher Comments Ever!
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Hate crimes against Moselms are up 1173% in 2016
- — Last Updated thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » OT: Nothing Happened in Sweden Again Last Night
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design
- » Best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of parts?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design