Why are IPods so expensive.

Why are these Ipods so expensive, what makes them so special, apart from
their microelectronics

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

Apple brand.

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.
Define "expensive"

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

Apple.

Graham

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

They are only expensive if you cannot afford them.

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

.....Or compared to similar MP3 players.

MrT.

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

Marketing. What else would it be?

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

Their electronics is not what makes them special.
You are paying for the branding, the styling, the integration, the
firmware etc

Dave.

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.
finger to keyboard and composed:

The "i".

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

Actually, it's the iSmoke
http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe&video=ipod

Dave.

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

Two words, "profit margin".

MrT.

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

they

One of my pet hates is the number of ad's that claim "you're worth it".
(almost every one of them at the moment it seems)

And every time I hear it I think, "Yes, but is your product!!!!!!"

MrT.

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.
Judging by all the responses, it seems that ipods are simply NOT worth
the money that Apple are charging. Thank goodness for MP3 players (eg
Sandisk)

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

They are simply not worth it to *you*. To other people they are worth every
cent Apple are charging.
Everyone has different requirements, just like for almost every other
product in existence, Apple are fundamentally no different. They offer a
product at a given price. If it doesn't suit or is not worth it to *you*,
then *you* can decide to go elsewhere or go without.

My phone has a decent MP3 player, so my Creative MP3 player now used as
nothing more than a USB memory stick.

Dave.

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

every

Good luck to them then, people have a right to waste their money however
they like, as long as they don't whinge about it later.
I still hear a lot of complaints from iPod owners though, even the ones I
advised to buy something else.
Then I just say "I told you so" :-)

There are enough cunning scams for me to not worry about the obviously
blatant ones like Nigerian Bankers and iPods.
Some people deserve those IMO.

MrT.

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

    Including Readers DIgest who wave Large sums of easy money in your
face, so they can seduce you into buying their products.

Re: Why are IPods so expensive.

   Sure beats using and ipod.