why are cheap LCD televisions so dismal?

Reply to
mark krawczuk

I have looked at lots of LCDs. If you compare the refresh rate to plasma of course it looks poor. LCD has other advantages though, you don't like the LCD picture fine, I personally prefer it to plasma.

--
"You take people, you put them on a journey, you give them peril, you
find out who they really are. If there's any kind of fiction better than

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I've found it impossible to get any spec regarding the refresh rate on any domestic plasma display. So what is the typical refresh rate on plasma screens, say in the 50" size and where can this info be read?

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge