why are cheap LCD televisions so dismal? - Page 3

Re: why are cheap LCD televisions so dismal?

hi,  cause you only look at    ONE lcd tv and think its great.
try looking at  others, for instance on the sont the refresh rate is very
poor,  also , say  theres a person wearing a shirt , u naturally have  light
and dark areas, because of shadowing , with the sony , most of the time its
just one color, with no  shadowing.

the very latest sony is crap , refresh rate is poor ,  ,  , also for
instance , say a person is wearing a shirt , u naturally have light and dar

Re: why are cheap LCD televisions so dismal?

I have looked at lots of LCDs. If you compare the refresh rate to plasma
of course it looks poor. LCD has other advantages though, you don't like
the LCD picture fine, I personally prefer it to plasma.

--
"You take people, you put them on a journey, you give them peril, you
find out who they really are. If there's any kind of fiction better than

I've found it impossible to get any spec regarding the refresh rate on any
domestic plasma display.
So what is the typical refresh rate on plasma screens, say in the 50" size
and where can this info be read?

Cheers,
Alan

Re: why are cheap LCD televisions so dismal?

You seriously need your eyes checked.

Dave.

Site Timeline