Who is your favourite electronics guru?

Hi,

I was just pondering the idea of "gurus" & I thought the following questions may hopefully make some interesting & entertaining discussion.

Including people in this newsgroup & others working in the field, whom do you consider to be the present-day "gurus" in electronics? .I mean the people who are well known & highly respected for their work & contributions in this field.

Who is your favourite guru & why?

:) Tony

Reply to
Tony Burch

ooh ooh... can I be the first.

PA !

Reply to
duncanmcrae

Mr Google!

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Tom Moffat is my favourite.

Friday

Reply to
Friday

What ever happened to Tom Moffat? I think last spotted writing for RadioMag that lasted about 2 issues or something.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

How about Don Lancaster? A very cluey dude indeed. He's such a guru that it's the title he's bestowed upon himself. See

Bob Parker

Went back to the States.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Parker

I knew that much already. His last known web page (now archived) is here:

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

I've always had a sneaking admiration of old timers such as Reg Williamson.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Rod Speed

Reply to
bulfrog

Win Hill has to be right up there - being gold plated rocket scientist is one thing, being able to share that knowledge without assuming airs & graces is something else entirely. M

Reply to
moby

Nah - Philthy

Reply to
rob

Hey Peter I count you as one of my electronics gurus too!

Friday (VK6ABC)

Reply to
Friday

Some gutless f****it desperately cowering behind . . . . (insert own name here). . . . . > wrote just the puerile shit thats always pouring from the back of it.