Who is your favourite electronics guru?

I was just pondering the idea of "gurus" & I thought the following questions
may hopefully make some interesting & entertaining discussion.

Including people in this newsgroup & others working in the field, whom do
you consider to be the present-day "gurus" in electronics? .I mean the
people who are well known & highly respected for their work & contributions
in this field.

Who is your favourite guru & why?

:) Tony

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

ooh ooh... can I be the first.

PA !

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

Mr Google!

Dave :)

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

Tom Moffat is my favourite.

Friday

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

What ever happened to Tom Moffat?
I think last spotted writing for RadioMag that lasted about 2 issues or
something.

Dave :)

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

Went back to the States.

Peter

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

I knew that much already.
His last known web page (now archived) is here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020103071922/www.olympus.net/personal/tmoffat /

Dave :)

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

Hey Peter I count you as one of my electronics gurus too!

Friday (VK6ABC)

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

How about Don Lancaster? A very cluey dude indeed.
He's such a guru that it's the title he's bestowed upon himself. See
http://www.tinaja.com/

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

I've always had a sneaking admiration of old timers such as Reg
Williamson.

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

Rod Speed

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

Nah - Philthy

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

Some gutless fuckwit desperately cowering behind
. . . . (insert own name here). . . . . > wrote just the
puerile shit thats always pouring from the back of it.

Re: Who is your favourite electronics guru?

Win Hill has to be right up there - being gold plated rocket scientist
is one thing, being able to share that knowledge without assuming airs
& graces is something else entirely.