Which is better electric or blade shaver?

Which do most people prefer?

I just purchased a brand new electric shaver and I have
to say after using it for a couple of weeks now I find
I get a better shave with my blade shaver which only cost
me a 10th of what the electric one cost.

Very disappointed that the electric one does a less efficient job

Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

Yes, the electric gives the lesser shave but mine is 10 yrs old and on its 3
set of blades

I use a blade on my neck if I'm going on a date.

Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

"Kate Fights, I Cry"

**  Over a period of years, an electric shaver works out as far cheaper  -
since you use no shaving cream and you are not constantly replacing blades.
Also, you cannot cut yourself and you can do a "touch up " job anytime,
anywhere.

 BTW   Learn to use  "OT" when making off topic posts.

..........   Phil

OT Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

Fascinating, absolutely fascinating the things one can learn on
aus.electronics

}}

Far cheaper not to shave.

Re: OT Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

cheaper  -
blades.
anytime,

Apologies Terry

Since there isn't an aus.electrical group for such
things this seems the closest group by topic to
post this question in...

Re: OT Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

What are you apologising for.
Mine was just as OT
And the iconograph says it all {:-).

Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

Obviously no one showed Norman Gunston how to use an electric shaver without
cutting himself. :)

Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

In his interview with Sally Struthers (the daughter in "All in the
Family") she asked him, "Why don't you use an electric shaver?"

Pause.

Gunston: "I do."

    Cheers,
        Gary    B-)

Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

On Tue, 10 May 2005 14:17:28 +0930, "Kate Fights, I Cry"
composed:

All my life I've used a blade. About a year ago I purchased an
electric shaver and have never looked back. Now I wonder why I
suffered for so long.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

**I have two electric shavers. An ancient (20 years old) Philips
rechargeable and a relatively new (6 years old) Braun. Immediately I used
the Braun, I thought it was much better. However, after fitting a new set of
blades to the Philips (which I gave to my partner for her legs), I am
convinced that the Philips is a superior design. A blade shaves closer than
any electric razor can. HOWEVER, my partner much prefers me to use an
electric razor. Here's my theory:

A mate and me travelled across the US a few years ago. I was grumbling about
how I only managed to get three shaves out of a fairly expensive twin blade
razor. He was shocked. He gets more than 3 MONTHS from a blade. I guess
there are beards and there are beards.

My thoughts run like this:

A blade cuts the hair and leaves it with a sharp edge. For those of us with
tough hairs, it can irritate our partner's skin. An electric razor, OTOH,
shatters the hair and leaves it with a ragged end, which does not irritate
our partner's delicate skin. And, I stress, that a razor does not cut as
close to the skin.

BTW: If you do use a razor, DO NOT EVEN THINK about using soap or those
silly foam things. Buy yourself some cheap Sorbolene cream. MUCH better for
YOUR skin than soap.

Just my 2c worth.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

You mean do away with the shaving cream or foam and just the sorbolene
cream. I'll try it...

I'm still amazed I fell for the advertising on TV before I purchased my
shaver... Next time I'll think before spending $$$

Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

**You won't be sorry. Your skin will be better for it.

**How do you think I felt about buying a damned Braun, when my ageing
Philips provided better performance (after a new set of NiCads and blades
were fitted)?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

On Tue, 10 May 2005 14:17:28 +0930, "Kate Fights, I Cry"

I prefer the electric.

Had a philishave (basic mains powered model) for about 17 years, was
great.  When it finally died (AC motor went OC) I bought A new Philips
aquagenic 8894, which was about $300 (bought it when out of australia)
and much better still.

(I dont know how good other brands are, or how good the cheaper
philips types perform so cant comment.)

These take a little bit of getting used to though, when I first
started using electric, would get rashes and such, but after a couple
of weeks or so they gradually dimninshed to nothing.

I would never use a blade after that, it does give a smoother skin,
but no matter how careful I was - would often manage to cut myself in
some way or another.    Would also be lucky to get more than a few
uses from a blade until it went blunt, so it turned out to be an
expensive pastime.

Re: Which is better electric or blade shaver?

You must be one of the unlucky ones. I get easily a month out of a blade.
Electric's never held my fancy, i'll probably go down that path one day but
until then, i'm happy with my cream and blade.

Plus, I've never cut myself bar when I first started shaving, and got stuck
on pimples.

-mark

Site Timeline