Where to get MMC cards?

I need some MMC cards for a device that cannot handle cards bigger than
128MB. I've looked on eBay and there are one or two suppliers. The
prices are reasonable ($US7 each), but the postage seems a bit excessive
$US15.95 + $4.50 per card.

Are there any suppliers in Australia, or if someone has an old card or
two, maybe we can come to a deal. (Cards from 16 to 128MB would be ok.)

Thanks

David

Re: Where to get MMC cards?

I have 10 off 16 Mb SD cards if you want them. Note these are formatted
as FAT12, not FAT16.

Say $2.00 each plus post in AUS.

Re: Where to get MMC cards?

Thanks for the offer. We have found, unfortunately, that SD cards do not
work quite the same as MMC cards :-(

David

Re: Where to get MMC cards?

Interesting.  The SD spec is a superset of the MMC spec, so anything
which works on an MMC *should* word on an SD.  But I must admit I only
ever used SD cards in SPI mode, the most basic, where both should work.

Re: Where to get MMC cards?

Someone told me that the SD cards are thinner than MMC cards. If the
card reader can cope with this, it might be ok. However, some card
readers assume the MMC thickness, and the SD card rattles around inside,
ie, it makes poor contact.

Cheers

David

Re: Where to get MMC cards?