Where to get MMC cards?

I need some MMC cards for a device that cannot handle cards bigger than

128MB. I've looked on eBay and there are one or two suppliers. The prices are reasonable ($US7 each), but the postage seems a bit excessive $US15.95 + $4.50 per card.

Are there any suppliers in Australia, or if someone has an old card or two, maybe we can come to a deal. (Cards from 16 to 128MB would be ok.)

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Morrison

I have 10 off 16 Mb SD cards if you want them. Note these are formatted as FAT12, not FAT16.

Say $2.00 each plus post in AUS.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

Try this place

Lozza92

Thanks for the offer. We have found, unfortunately, that SD cards do not work quite the same as MMC cards :-(

David

Reply to
David Morrison

Interesting. The SD spec is a superset of the MMC spec, so anything which works on an MMC *should* word on an SD. But I must admit I only ever used SD cards in SPI mode, the most basic, where both should work.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

Someone told me that the SD cards are thinner than MMC cards. If the card reader can cope with this, it might be ok. However, some card readers assume the MMC thickness, and the SD card rattles around inside, ie, it makes poor contact.

Cheers

David

Reply to
David Morrison