where to find a 9368 ...

I had one latch/decoder/driver die in my frequency counter.  T'was a DM9368,
from way back, more recently marketed as a UA9368.

Anyone know where I might find one?  My local treasure trove sold the balance of
his stock late last year.

TIA

Re: where to find a 9368 ...

of

    I remember those quite well. It's a very old part these days. A
company called "Electronix Express" in the USA is showing them as
available on their website at http://www.elexp.com/ics_10cn.htm
    You could ask them if they really have any. Good luck. :-)

Bob

Re: where to find a 9368 ...

of

G'day Bob

I found another place in the states with stock, but a MOV of $150!!!

Still, will follow this up.  Tnx

Re: where to find a 9368 ...

of

Can I ask how much it is worth?
Oh, what pin configuration?
Just that it sounds familiar.

Re: where to find a 9368 ...

The datasheet's at
http://www.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/51131/FAIRCHILD/9368.html

Re: where to find a 9368 ...

of

Were $4.90+GST as at end-2005 here in Perth

BCD-to-7-seg latch/decoder/driver with constant segment current source.  16pin
DIP.

Re: where to find a 9368 ...

balance of

It's a 4 bit hexadecimal to 7 segment latch/decoder driver, not BCD.
I think I've got one or two floating around in my parts bins here from
some projects a number of years ago. You're welcome to one if I can
find it.

Re: where to find a 9368 ...

balance of

Yep, you're right.  Got so used to using them on things like frequency counters
where a hex display would be fairly useless that I forgot they handle the whole
hex set.

Would really appreciate that, David.  Rare spares houses with MOV's of $150
really put the kybosh on repairing stuff.

Re: where to find a 9368 ...

DM9368,
balance of

I've found the chip. Email me privately with your details and I'll put it in the
post.

Re: where to find a 9368 ...

the post.

Done.  Many thanks :-))))