Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

Anyone know someone who can supply these?

Local electronics suppliers Jaycar and DS only have 41526 DINs.

John.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

   Standard 180 degree five pin din plugs will work. I made lots of
video cables for members of my Commodore club, about 20 years ago. Close
to 100, because I only have a couple left from the case of 100.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

You don't need 8 pin DIN, just use a 5 pin instead.  In any case, I'm pretty
certain I bought some 8 pin DIN plugs from Jaycar just recently...

http://tinyurl.com/clnwnw

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

   There are two types of 8 pin din plugs.  The wrong one will break the
video output connector on the C64 & 128 computer.  They used the one the
did so the power supply couldn't be plugged into the video connector.
The proper 8 pin din has the outer pins in a 'u' shape, while the wrong
is in a broken circle.  The one on that page looks to be the wrong type.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

Should you have the wrong plug, just clip the 2 NC (no connection)
pins.  At least that's what Raymond Carlsen suggests.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

That's what I did, or use a 5 pin plug - no probs.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

Agreed. Quote from http://sta.c64.org/legend.html#din8plug :
---
This is a DIN41524 type ("262-degree") plug where pins 7 and 8 are
"out of circle". On the more common DIN45326 type ("270-degree") plug,
Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

Hello,
Please see a photo of the 8 pin plug DIN 41524 with 262B0% like Joe
pointed out well.
http://www.amabilidade2002.com/plugsjacks3.htm

fred

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

Not if you want to get s-video.
And there are two types of 8 Pin din plugs, 41524 and 41526. The C64 takes
41524 (240 degree).

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

No, wait, I'm wrong. the extra pins aren't needed.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

No, wait again, I'm right and wrong.
http://pinouts.ru/Video/C128C64CVideo_pinout.shtml

I need the central pin to get s-video, so I need at least 6 pins, but I can
remove the extra pins on the 'wrong' 8 pin dins.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

Arrrg. I wanted these for a megadrive RGB cable as well, which does use the
extra pins.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

So no-one makes them anymore?

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

http://stores.ebay.com/NKCElectronics_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsxQ3asstQQtZkm

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

RS list 8 pin DIN connectors.

http://tinyurl.com/pgenl5

Only a few $ for 5, might be worth a phone call or visit to see if they have
what you want. I've bought some oddball bits and pieces from them before.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

That's the problem. There are two kinds of 8 pin DIN connectors. DS has the
wrong sort.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

The link is for RS electronics and has nothing to do with DSE/Radio
Shack/Tandy.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

Quite right... they do mention they have an 8 pin connector. I'm trying to
find out what sort.
Chances are good it's the wrong type though.

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

Let us know what you find out, more people are bound to be interested.

Good luck!

Re: Where to find 8-pin DIN 41524 plugs (for C64 video output)

Just got an email back, sadly, no they don't.

Site Timeline