Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

I need to stock up on Sanyo NiMH rechargeable batteries. Anyone knows
where to buy in Sydney? I've browsed electronics stores and digital
camera retailers, to no avail.

They're dirt cheap on ebay, but I'd prefer to buy them over the counter
if possible.

Thanks,

Enno

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:04:16 +1100, Enno Middelberg

 Maybe WES Components

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

Jaycar, WES, Woolworths, Oakley etc etc

I purchased our last lot for the camera with a charger from Woolies.
Before that I always got the blue unmarked batts from Jaycar.

What are you after?

WES....
9v cat-RB101
AAA cat-HR4U
AA cat-HR3UA
6v cat-DM65S

I can only find C and D in tagged.

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

Hi,

Jaycar don't have Sanyo, I cannot find an online catalogue foe WES
(access restricted), and Woolies and Oatley don't have any Sanyo
batteries at all.

I'm looking for the Sanyo NiMH AA size batteries with 2300 mAh or 2500 mAh.

Regards,

Enno

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

Why only Sanyo?

Tom

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

Because his Sanyo Walkman says only use Sanyo Batteries????

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

Hi,

I've had no good experiences with other brands, but the Sanyos appear to
last forever (240 shots with my SLR recently).

Also, Sanyo batteries have a very good reputation.

Enno

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

As funny as my statement is, I know of people who really believe that !
I use the Jaycar SB1725, 2400 mAh Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) cells,
and have found them to be extremely good.
As far as how many shots I get from a single charge, I have not kept count,
as it will change if your using flash, taking them all in a single session,
or over a few weeks.
AS previous posters have said WES carry them, so give them a call.
(02) 9797 9866
or email snipped-for-privacy@wescomponents.removethis.com

Cheers
Allan

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

I've used the blue no name Jaycar batteries for some years and have
found them to be as good as any other of the same category if not
better. I used to use mine at one stage in a handheld radio scanner
which would require 4 sets (5 per go) of AA batteries a day and the blue
bats would run the same time on one set rather than 4.

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

'cause they're the best.

--

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

They're regarded as the best, from the old NiCad days. Might not be true
these days.

It's funny how brands can be so highly regarded in one area and yet be
complete garbage in others. Don't they now have a slogan like "affordable
technology" or something?

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

I think WES is your best bet, even though I can only see a 2100 mAh
Sanyo cell in the catalog  - http://www.wagner.net.au/Sections/11.pdf

(Unfortunately, no prices there) .

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

Try a battery shop. that's where I got mine.

Bye.
   Jasen

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

Might be worthwhile checking with your local hobby store that sells RC stuff -
Sanyos are a popular choice for RC planes etc

Eg try - www.hstore.com.au or Col Taylors models in Wagga

David

Re: Where to buy Sanyo NiMH AA batteries in Sydney?

Ok, fair enough, I didn't read that part...but why explicitly one brand?

Site Timeline