Where to buy 200MHz oscillascope in Sydney?

Dear OZ Gurus,

I am a uni studnet and I want to buy a two (or more) channels 100MHz (or faster) oscillascope. I live in Sydney. Can you recommend a particular brand and seller ? (Yes, not suprisingly I have limited budget)

Hppy XMas

Reply to
<Gustav Goreuma>

Don't limit yourself to Sydney, couriers aren't that expensive. Macservice in Melbourne are probably the biggest second hand scope seller.

Ebay have them too. Brand doesn't really matter, as you'd be hard pressed to get a "crap" brand. Most second hand units are old Tektronix etc. New units will blow your budget, go second hand.

What do you want to measure? I hope you don't want to measure a 100MHz complex signal with your 100MHz scope...

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Try these guys :

They always have a few nice Tektronixes I got a 2465 off them and it's a great scope (was only a couple of hundred bucks) "Off" brands like Trio and Kikisu (which are perfectly decent instruments) are there for peanuts. M

Reply to
moby

Looks like they have quite reasonable surface shipping rates from Singapore (US$38), air shipping (US$83) bumps the price up a fair bit though.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

They pack 'em pretty well - diagonally in the box with lots of face protection and prodigious peanuts, so the surface shipping is a good option - if you can bear to wait :-). They don't give you probes....NOBODY gives you probes I wonder if the probes from the secondhand scopes are in league with the teaspoons and odd socks.... M

Reply to
moby