Where to buy 200MHz oscillascope in Sydney?

Dear OZ Gurus,

I am a uni studnet and I want to buy a two (or more) channels 100MHz (or
faster) oscillascope. I live in Sydney. Can you recommend a particular brand
and seller ? (Yes, not suprisingly I have limited budget)

Hppy XMas

Re: Where to buy 200MHz oscillascope in Sydney?

Don't limit yourself to Sydney, couriers aren't that expensive.
Macservice in Melbourne are probably the biggest second hand scope
seller.
http://www.tmgestore.com.au /
Ebay have them too.
Brand doesn't really matter, as you'd be hard pressed to get a "crap"
brand. Most second hand units are old Tektronix etc.
New units will blow your budget, go second hand.

What do you want to measure? I hope you don't want to measure a 100MHz
complex signal with your 100MHz scope...

Dave :)

Re: Where to buy 200MHz oscillascope in Sydney?

Try these guys :
http://stores.ebay.com/Buy9-99-Industrial-Surplus
They always have a few nice Tektronixes
I got a 2465 off them and it's a great scope (was only a couple of
hundred bucks)
"Off" brands like Trio and Kikisu (which are perfectly decent
instruments) are there
for peanuts.

Re: Where to buy 200MHz oscillascope in Sydney?

Looks like they have quite reasonable surface shipping rates from
Singapore (US$38), air shipping (US$83) bumps the price up a fair bit
though.

Dave :)

Re: Where to buy 200MHz oscillascope in Sydney?

They pack 'em pretty well - diagonally in the box with lots of face
protection
and prodigious peanuts, so the surface shipping is a good option - if
you
can bear to wait :-). They don't give you probes....NOBODY gives you
probes
I wonder if the probes from the secondhand scopes are in league with
the
 teaspoons and odd socks....