where can I buy cheap RS232 family ic's

How cheap do you want them? Electus have MAX232 chips for $2.25ea 25+ qty Do you want the ESD protected ones? Is power consumption important?

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Hi People, where can I buy cheap MAX-232 DS-232 type rs232 interface ic's cheaply? in Australia?.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

st232's are usually a good bit cheaper.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Thanks David, thats more like it. I'm just after bog stock dip package max232's so the Electus ones will do fine.

Regards Mark

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Likewise the Sipex sip232's

rob

Reply to
Rob

Got our last lot 500+ from Arrow. I didn't do the purchasing so don't know what the moq (minimum order quantity) is.

Futurlec.com.au has max232's for Aus$2 MAX232CPE

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Can either of you guys suggest a supplier for these items?.

Regards Mark

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Knowing Arrow, it'll be huge. We gave up purchasing Maxim through them because their MOQ was the Maxim factory MOQ - they want to play agent but not warehouse.

Reply to
budgie

Thanks Alex, I'll check em out.

Reply to