where can I buy cheap RS232 family ic's

Hi People, where can I buy cheap MAX-232
DS-232 type rs232 interface ic's cheaply?
in Australia?.

Re: where can I buy cheap RS232 family ic's

How cheap do you want them?
Electus have MAX232 chips for $2.25ea 25+ qty
Do you want the ESD protected ones?
Is power consumption important?

Dave :)

Re: where can I buy cheap RS232 family ic's

Thanks David, thats more like it. I'm
just after bog stock dip package max232's
so the Electus ones will do fine.

Regards
Mark

Re: where can I buy cheap RS232 family ic's

st232's are usually a good bit cheaper.

Alex

Re: where can I buy cheap RS232 family ic's

.au...

Likewise the Sipex sip232's

rob

Re: where can I buy cheap RS232 family ic's

    Can either of you guys suggest a supplier
for these items?.

Regards
Mark

Re: where can I buy cheap RS232 family ic's

Got our last lot 500+ from Arrow.
I didn't do the purchasing so don't know what the moq (minimum order
quantity) is.

Futurlec.com.au has max232's for Aus$2
 MAX232CPE
<http://www.futurlec.com.au/test13.jsp?category=ICMAXIM&category_title=Maxim&main_menu=IC&sub_menu=ICMAXIM

Re: where can I buy cheap RS232 family ic's

On Thu, 19 May 2005 14:47:46 +1000, "Alex Gibson"

Knowing Arrow, it'll be huge.  We gave up purchasing Maxim through them because
their MOQ was the Maxim factory MOQ - they want to play agent but not warehouse.

Re: where can I buy cheap RS232 family ic's

   Thanks Alex, I'll check em out.

Site Timeline