When LCD Screens Die.....

BenQ  FP567s 15' LCD Flat Panel

Died right in the middle of playing games went straight to black screen.

When turning the screen on it just keeps switching on and off really rapidly.
suspect the power supply or something related to this has just  died .

I am about to claim under my warranty for this though.

Anyone here had any dealings with Benq regarding a warranty claim?

My LCD just died on me and I am going to ring the phone number on
my warranty card to organise a replacement.

I'd like some feedback before I do this on Monday as to what other people's
experience is .......

Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

Wtf? its a warranty claim .. just ring em and follow the instructions .. its
not exactly difficult ..

Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

Waranty you know the card you eithe attack to your copies of sales
docket or send in to make sure you are covered in the event of a fault
or repair claim.

Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

Sounds like the power supply.

Benq are quite good.  They will probably go for the repair option rather than
replacement.

Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

replacement.

If it's less than twelve months old you could try to get it replaced
under warranty at the shop where you bought it.

Jenal Communications
Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

Doubt theres many shops still stocking a 15" LCD ..

Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

Most will replace with what they currently have.

Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

finger to keyboard and composed:

The retailer may ship the goods back to Benq for repair in which case
they'll pick up the shipping costs and the responsibility for any
transport damage.

-- Franc Zabkar

Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

Alan wrote:

< snip >

Well the waranty slip says it is a period of 3 years.  I was under the
impression it
was only for 12 months and nearly said "bloody typical" but then when I
checked
out the card I had attached to the sales docket it says 3 years and a
1300 number
you have to phone to make a claim and they pick up the screen and send
it back
to you.

Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

On 26 Nov 2005 18:56:57 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@internode.on.net

I had a Philips 17" LCD that died within the first twelve months (nine
months in fact) and I took it back to Officeworks and demanded a
replacement under warranty and got a Benq 17" as a replacement.

My Benq has lasted just thirteen months and died with a PSU failure,
was repaired by the local agents (psu board replaced) and lasted just
three days until the psu died again, so it's back in for repair.

My point was that if it was less than twelve months old go to the shop
first and ask for a replacement under warranty.  If it's older than
twelve months just ring Benmq and they'll give you a choice of places
(usually locally) to take it to for repair - just take your purchase
docket with you.

Alan

Jenal Communications
Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

Legally the 12 months is irrelevant.

Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

snipped-for-privacy@mailinator.com wrote:
replacement.

That was one of my first thoughts. At first I suspected that the
backlight
maybe had died or gone awry. Then I thought maybe the power supply
had fried.

Just curious but is it user fixable?

Re: When LCD Screens Die.....

ive a 17" AOC lcd that i was given cause it 'just died' turns out 2
capacitors had failed (puffed up)

replaced them and its running again.....

another one i fixed at the shop was a blown fuse.

lcd's are easy fixed as long as the panel isnt cracked, power supply,
back light tubes etc can be fixed

Site Timeline