What SW do people use for making small PCBS.

Just after some recommendations for making small PCBs.
Pretty simple design and dont need to make many.
Being able to draw a schematic and produce a node list helpful
but not essential.
thanks

Re: What SW do people use for making small PCBS.

Who will be making the boards?  If it isn't you, then the choice needs
to fit in with the fab's file formats.

For most small stuff I use PCBCART (www.pcbcart.com).  They accept
Protel formats as old as AutoTrax (DOS/Win98) which is freeware.  If
you want the companion Protel Schematic version, it is "out_there".

There's nothing wrong with AutoTrax assuming you have a suitable
platform to run it.  Every time I've tried the transition to later
products I have decided that AutoTrax does all I need.  YMMV.

Re: What SW do people use for making small PCBS.

Looks like Autotrax will do fine what I need.
thanks

Re: What SW do people use for making small PCBS.

As far as free software goes: I sent them a zip of gerber and excellon
files exported from D.J. Delorie's "PCB" software, and that worked.

while they prefer RS-274X (gerber+excellon), and also support Protel,
Eagle, and PADS,

  http://www.pcbcart.com/cart.php?page=order_help___file_format

but they'll do a PCB from any format they can read (even JPG)

http://pcbcart.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid41 %

Re: What SW do people use for making small PCBS.

Another is Egale lite (limited - but free ) from Farnell

Joe

Site Timeline