What SW do people use for making small PCBS.

Just after some recommendations for making small PCBs. Pretty simple design and dont need to make many. Being able to draw a schematic and produce a node list helpful but not essential. thanks

Reply to
Mauried

Who will be making the boards? If it isn't you, then the choice needs to fit in with the fab's file formats.

For most small stuff I use PCBCART

They accept Protel formats as old as AutoTrax (DOS/Win98) which is freeware. If you want the companion Protel Schematic version, it is "out_there".

There's nothing wrong with AutoTrax assuming you have a suitable platform to run it. Every time I've tried the transition to later products I have decided that AutoTrax does all I need. YMMV.

Reply to
fly on the wall

Looks like Autotrax will do fine what I need. thanks

Reply to
Mauried

As far as free software goes: I sent them a zip of gerber and excellon files exported from D.J. Delorie's "PCB" software, and that worked.

while they prefer RS-274X (gerber+excellon), and also support Protel, Eagle, and PADS,

but they'll do a PCB from any format they can read (even JPG)

Jasen Betts

Another is Egale lite (limited - but free ) from Farnell

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)