What's the best 68cm 4:3 TV i can buy with $500-$600?

Hi everyone, Would someone be able to recommend the best TV i could buy for $500? I could stretch the budget to maybe $600 but that would be about all that i could afford without using my credit card. Thanks for any suggestions.

Btw, i'm in Perth. I think prices are a little higher here than the eastern states.

Reply to
gyro

"gyro"

** You might be just able to get one of these for $600 .

I have owned the previous, similar model for 3 years and am very happy with it.

Nice company to deal with too - at least that is the case in Sydney.

The instruction manual on PDF tells you all about it.

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks Phil, that looks like a good one. It even has a flat screen which is a bonus.

I'll ring around the stores on Monday and see if i can get it for $600. Thanks again.

Reply to
gyro

The RCA (Thomson) that Big WE sell are often cheaper on catalogue special ($398 - $498). Both my parents and I have one and have had no problems.

--
Regards
Blue

Remove Z from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussieblu

Can't find an Aussie website for RCA Thomson or the TV model on the Thomson UK /Europe Site but it seems to be a variation of this one

Regards
Blue

Remove Z from email address to reply directly.
Reply to
aussieblu

Thanks Aussieblu, I'll go to BigW and take a look at one. Atm, i'm leaning towards that NEC mentioned above. I might be able to get it for around $550 if the rrp is $595. NEC is good gear i think.

gyro

For that price, MAKE SURE it has RF STEREO (FULL STEREO) other wise you might as well pay $300

Reply to
Matt2 - Amstereo

True - aren't Aldi flogging a cheap 68cm at the moment - their stuff always seems to be half decent.

Reply to
Poxy

I bought a Hyundai flat screen 68cm TV from "Big W" for $280.

It has stereo sound and simulates surround sound.

Seems to work just fine as far as I can see.

Anyway, at that price you could buy two!

Ross

(To get email address ROT 13) ebff snipped-for-privacy@lnubb.pbz

Reply to
RMD