What LED colour is most visible?

I'm making a kind of super solar powered garden light for a harmless
stunt.I'm wondering what colour LED I should pick out of several
available colours in high intensity LEDs. I'm looking for greatest
visibility at a distance at night.
A bit of reading in other places suggests that yellow or green is the
answer. Before I go ahead and buy some LEDs, what do readers here think?

PH

Re: What LED colour is most visible?

** You want the garden to be visible, or the LEDs?

** The brightest LEDs by far are white.

   So best in both above cases.

....  Phil

Re: What LED colour is most visible?

Did they make the jump from blue LEDs with yellow phosphor, to UV LEDs with
white phosphor?

Someone told me the UV/white was more efficient.

As an opportunist purchaser who buys what's cheap - the LEDs I buy have a
yellow fringe around the beam pattern.

Re: What LED colour is most visible?

 ** Near UV pumped white LEDs exist, but do not ask me where to buy them.

** Not more efficient, but have a better colour rendering index.

  Concerns are held about the UV output.

  Good for special applications maybe.

....  Phil

Re: What LED colour is most visible?
On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 01:10:46 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison

Bug zappers.

--
I call shenanigans on all theistic religions

Re: What LED colour is most visible?

Green is highest visible intensity per watt in (if you buy the right
one), so if your power supply is constrained, green will probably work
best.

Lenses will effect the visibility if a concentrated beam will work in
your application get a tight angle LED or use an external lens (eg: cheap
magnifier) to concentrate the beam

Re: What LED colour is most visible?

Love it :)

What LED colour is most visible?
As far as led's are concerned the three primary colours are the brightest. And of the three they will all look different eye sensitive.
Should you want true colour and a good white you will have to have the three balanced. I would suggest looking up online the subject of ilda rgb lights on serch engine. They will give values for the three colours with led's up 100 watt.

Site Timeline