What is with DSE lately? - Page 2

Re: What is with DSE lately?

And the former usually have a bar code for the check out chick to scan!
Otherwise they have no idea what it is.

MrT.

Re: What is with DSE lately?

It's not "lately", it's been progressively for years.

geoff

Re: What is with DSE lately?

I was in a QLD  DSE store on Friday, and noticed that the section
where they used to have the components such as knobs, switches fuses
terminal blocks etc, had been completely cleared out and other stuff
was being stacked in its place.  For example (As you can see in the
bottom) that looks like boxes of CFL's of all things.

Maybe Im not observant, but I didnt know DSE stocked standard 240v
Bulbs or CFL's in the past.

took this pic.
http://www.geocities.com/kenreed1999/DSE.jpg

The area in the next aisle where they had the kits, blank pcb and
"bigger" stuff was also at the beginning of being dismantled.  The 3rd
aisle with the tools, (like soldering irons, CRO, wires and cables)
was untouched.

Whether this was a permanent dumping of these items from stock, or
just a routine store re-arrangement of stock, stock take, or cleaning
exercise I don't know.

NOTHING else in other "departments" of the store appeared to have been
dropped from stock or moved around.

I will take a look in a week or 2 if I need anything there.

Re: What is with DSE lately?

I hope they have another clearance sale of kits etc like they did a year or
two back, some real bargains were had, almost give-away prices.
The webs site used to have a way to search for al lthe clearance items, but
I can't find it any more.

Dave.