What is this called?

That is what they did to my old analogue TV aerial. Fat bloody cockatoos.

Reply to
news18

This reduced our bit rate some:

I don't understand the biology here. Is coax nutritional?

One night last month we heard a lot of noise downstairs. Six possum in the kitchen. At least it wasn't a bear.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Does that count as a possum posse?

Reply to
Mike Coon

Possumbly.

We have a lot of wildlife in SF. Coyotes, possum, raccoons, snakes, skunks, the occasional big wildcat, flocks of wild parrots, seagulls, hawks, ravens, ducks, hummers, bats, whales, porposes, sharks, seals, progressives, other weird things.

How many of them eat the infrastructure?

hummers? progressives?

--
Cheers,
Chris

I discovered for myself decades ago that there are hummingbirds in SF, on a one week visit. I was sitting on the wall where Broadway runs into the Presidio and there was one perched on the railings! But I don't know if they are migratory...

Reply to
Mike Coon

The males are very territorial, and have sharp beaks.

Their servo systems are astounding. In strong gusty winds, they can hover immovably as if they were glued to steel posts.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

I, too, was surprised to spot them while I was sitting outside my company's canteen in Palo Alto.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

We don't have much of a winter here, and SF residents are fanatical gardeners, so there is food for them all year.

We kept a couple of beehives in the back yard, and got mass amounts of great honey all year. We get Meyer lemons all year too.