What is this called?

This attachment allows a cable to pass through a panel, and clamp the cable into position.

I know I bought it from an ordinary outlet, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called.

Any ideas?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Gland.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
 Click to see the full signature

Of course it is. Yet somehow how I couldn't remember that all day. Must be getting old.

Thanks.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

My pet peeve is, you can't find glands for really small-diameter cables. We're forced to add a heat-shrink layer or two, and the whole thing with its nut, etc., ends up way too large.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Sylvia Else wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

A strain relief. But the type you posted a pic of is a watertight variety.

So... an IP 67 or an IP 68 Strain relief / pass thru / gland.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Winfield Hill wrote in news:r8mcjh0oh8 @drn.newsguy.com:

Find and get and use "Pneumatic" tubing fittings. Way more expensive and usually made of brass, but plenty of plastic versions too.

But wait! Allied rules!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yep, way too large.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

This one is smaller:

More smaller: Click on part number for drawings.

Which dimension do you consider to be too large? Hole size? Diameter? Thread?

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Pick one from each column: cable gland cord feedthrough wire grip bundle retainer tubing strain relief power entry bushing As far as I can tell from random searching, most every combination is in use by at least one company or organization.

Also known as a "connector eliminator" by cost cutting and design review committees.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Winfield Hill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

A quarter inch! ? Oh, yo are talking about the fitting itself being to big a profile on one or the other or both sides of the barrier.

Then you should simply use the capacitor EMI shielded pass thru parts!

Very expensive from that guy though!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Since Phil revealed that you're a naturist, the guys in this group are all over you.

Reply to
Corvid

Most people here have probably already seen a female body. Some will drool and leer anyhow. She's a better engineer than Phil, or probably than you.

Is your name really Corvod? Sounds Irish.

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

Well then, you should have followed up Phil's post with that! He doesn't frighten you, does he?

Don't tell me, tell Phil.

Reply to
Corvid

Post something about electronics and we'll see.

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

They can drool all they want, but I rather suspect that what they imagining is substantially better than the reality.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

We always referred to as Heyco clamp since "gland" sounds sort of too personal. LOL Heyco is then manufacturer's name.

Sylvia Else wrote:

Reply to
aioe

Err, it is spelt corvid and that is a crow.

Reply to
news18

Most people look better with their clothes on. I sure do.

I just had a home-made haircolor and haircut job; with salons closed, we are reduced to such desperate acts. It came out a little better than, say, a home-made kidney transplant. I guess.

People will tolerate a lot, but they won't tolerate getting much greyer or much shaggier.

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

Another first post?

Doe is pissed, I chided him for a timid "Are we allowed..." post in the Win10 group. He thinks Microsoft might catch him for installing an older Win10 version, and slap him or something. So I had to do it.

This is a first post again, Doey!

Reply to
Corvid

They're ravens here, in the hills about 1600' MSL. Not a single crow ever, in close to 30 years. But just 3-4 miles away, in the valley, there are no ravens, all crows.

Reply to
Corvid