What is the Best Brand of Alkaline Batteries? - Page 2

Re: What is the Best Brand of Alkaline Batteries?

The conclusion is somewhat contradictory....

"Cost is based on two batteries and is in Australian Dollars. $/Hr
rating can improve if batteries are purchased in bulk packs. Note that
the Digitor batteries were purchased from Dick Smith  Electronics in a
40 piece bulk pack, whereas most of the other batteries are purchased
on two or four battery packs, whichever was the minimum available.
Pricing is therefore not fairly compared for the Digitor batteries,
but regardless of this their performance figures are very good."

According to the current DSE catalogue, the 40 pack, S4040 @ $25.98,
are DSE brand, whereas Digitor are only available in four packs, S3094
@ $1.98 -- which works out at $19.80 for 40.

I'm still none the wiser as to which ones I should be buying!  :)

--
John H

Re: What is the Best Brand of Alkaline Batteries?

finger to keyboard and composed:

To complicate matters even further, there is no guarantee that DSE are
still using the same manufacturer.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: What is the Best Brand of Alkaline Batteries?

Yes, I also noticed the prices were far from the cheapest available in some
cases too.
eg. the price given for Excell skews their value somewhat IMO. These are
available in packs of ten for $5.00

Probably the same. I wouldn't be buying 40 to find out anyway though :-)

Simply buy 4 for $1.98 and do your own test. Frankly I find the performance
varies anyway, but at 50 cents a battery, I cant see any point in worrying
about it. There are plenty of shops selling Chinese batteries at a similar
price, and they probably all source from whichever factory gives them the
best deal at the time, so just buy from whichever shop is the most
convenient IMO.

MrT.

Site Timeline