What is the Best Brand of Alkaline Batteries?

Mark was interested in powering a microcontroller circuit under fairly extreme conditions for a long time, so lithiums seemed to be a reasonable readily-available choice for that application. For more mundane uses, quite likely alkalines would be a more cost-effective choice. :)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Possibly, but without knowing the actual current drain, time between service, possible power availabilty from other sources, size and weight constraints etc. etc. it's impossible to say whether it's a *good* option.

Without a doubt.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

I may need to opt for a Lithiums at 1.6V for most of their life or opt for a third cell just to have some voltage margin to play with as I really need a few different voltages for the project.

Reply to
Mark Harriss