What is it with Hakko pricing?

There's this one from RS....

And there's this on ebay....

Possibly the cheapie is a fake but it's a very good one if it is (I've got one).

Same goes for tips on ebay. Branded 900M tips can be had for around $1.50 (including postage) whereas local suppliers charge $13 or so (RS want $22) and they're indistinguishable (I've got both)... not to be confused with what are very obviously non genuine tips.

--
John H
Reply to