What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power? - Page 3

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

 Yes but when you are trying to cool/heat  a room you will soon realise that
the power required to do so using Peltier cooling (not to mention the costs)
will throw your cost effective solar powering ideas into a festering heap.

But you won't listen to reason, so good luck with it. I would like to see
what you come up with though.

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

yeh the compressor fridges are more efficient, but peltiers work too
and are solid state so you can leave them on for years and run at
different amps, no maintenance.

I wouldn't' be able to use gas if I sealed the shed up.  this will
just be a weekender once I've setup the water tank I can move on..

Easier to get a caravan or build a full house for something permanent
than do up a shed.  But water, power, resources, etc. are good to have
on stand by.

I boarded off the gaps between the concrete slab and walls so no
spiders crawl in anymore

Herc

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

I'd be interested to see what you come up with and see how efficient,
reliable and cost effective it is.

It could be a very comfortable weekender for little outlay. Shouldn't be a
problem since you're loaded, right?

Expecting armageddon?

What about the gaps at the top? I found they came in through there and had
to seal that. Ended up doing it by hanging a ceiling made from silver cell
insulationl. Secured it using metal screws to the centre beam and let it
droop slightly and fastened it to the sides with a bit of overlap. Looked
quite neat and worked a treat. I ilaid some carpet and nsulated the sides of
the shed and put some panels on to make it into a very comfortable
workshop/office.

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

Graham lives in a shed.  It's bigger (I think) than the storage shed I
just had built, but not as nice.  Yes, he's clearly "loaded", but he
would get even more loaded if he sealed up the shed and used gas in
it.  Better yet, Graham, seal up the shed and just open the gas valve
a bit, with no flame.  Then you won't have to worry about CO
poisoning.  Happy dreams!

More like expecting the authorities.

You just can't get much better than a person who pretends to be rich
having to go extra lengths to keep the spiders out of the shed he
lives in, and dreaming of the day he can move on up to a caravan.

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

huh?  I could afford 3 10 room mansions on the Gold Coast next week if
I wasn't on the bad tenants list.

I don't see the point in upgrading unless it's substantial.

I have 3 graphics artists on payroll at the moment.

I'm ordering 10 15W amorphous panels today ($1000) to bring me up to
300W total, although the Mono's barely work in winter due to the low
slope on the shed roof.  And 300AH in batteries ($1400) and not sure
what inverter, might get a $2000 inverter charger computer controlled
system so I know how to expand later.

It's just open plan living, septic loo in the corner, 12V shower on a
mat, spray the place with a huge dose of cochroach surface spray once
a month!

No point getting a $10K caravan now, take me a couple months to save
$50K, may as well get a mortgage.

Herc

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

Why?
A 120W/12v panel is only $300, although that is wholesale.
 > to bring me up to 300W total, although the Mono's
 > barely work in winter due to the low > slope on the shed roof.
You can get brackets to mount the panels at greater slope than the roof.

 > And 300AH in batteries ($1400)

Erk, I picked up 445AmpHrs (@12V) for under $1100 and that was retail.
Hint, forklift battery suppliers(or at least he was). Also, I ever buy
gel except for robust mobile applications.

Whatever for? You get the inverter for whatever you are running off it
so they match and are thus the most efficent.
Firstly there s no point in paying the 50-100% extra for a full sine
wave if gear will work well off a modidifed sine water inverter.

Slow form of self poisoning?

The beauty of a mortgage is that you (usually) only pay them off once.

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

Why is it that your status as a wealthy person is always just around the
corner?

What happened to all the income you claimed you were getting in the past?

Sylvia.

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

I uploaded 50 cloud pictures last year from 5 different beach front
apartments.

I just wrote 20 reasons, but too much detail for public forum.

Too many middlemen I have no control of means ad profits don't readily
scale.

Herc

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

You mean the money never actually arrived in your hands. Leaving aside
the reasons, I think this is what most of us believed - and still believe.

Sylvia.

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

Yeh it's steady $4K a week last few months.

Started breaking $1000/day end of financial year so will be over $5K/
week next month.

3 Jul 2012       PROCEEDS OVERSEAS TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER
               0106566 USD4426.26@1.0539 FIC INC    4,199.89

26 Jun 2012       PROCEEDS OVERSEAS TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER
              0167556 USD3810.48@1.0288 FIC INC    3,703.81

19 Jun 2012       PROCEEDS OVERSEAS TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER
              0157347 USD4143.91@1.0406 FIC INC    3,982.23

12 Jun 2012       PROCEEDS OVERSEAS TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER
              0126350 USD4446.61@1.0142 FIC INC    4,384.35

If only the Aussie dollar was 60c again!

That's a $30/day ad budget.   Accounting won't let me scale it up!

Anyway, I have a 1500W solar power grid to install!

Herc
--
http://CamGirls.com
http://CamAffiliate.com

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

That's it, in a nutshell.  All of Graham's huge profits are a product
of sqrt(-1).

I've bought a house with only a few thousand in cash.  If you really
had that income, you could have bought a house long ago, got a 10 year
mortgage on it, and be well on your way to financial independence.
Instead, you live in a shed, crap in one corner of it, shower with a
hose a few feet away, and dream of the day you move into a cheap
trailer.  That's both very sad and a bit hilarious.

 A0%3,703.81
 A0%3,982.23
 A0%4,384.35

Well, at least not until you start paying the $30/day you owe them.

Keep dreaming.  If you work very, very hard, you could get a window A/
C unit in your shed, and post videos of yourself flying your toy
helicopter between the A/C unit and the ravine next door where you
hide the bodies.

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

Keep researching you mortgage payer you!

Monopoly level of wealth has a very high barrier to entry.

Business capital / expenditure / competitive edge is based on a all or
nothing system of increasing capital on credit.

I ate HOTDOGS for 2 WEEKS end of 2010, NO MARGARINE

but I secured CamAffiliate.com for $1000 while doing so.

It's major competitor AWEmpire.com another CAMGIRLS AFFILIATE PROGRAM

is in the top 1000 websites ALEXA.com Rank.

i.e about $1,000,000 per day profit.

Herc

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?
That's all very well, but you've been making these sorts of claims
for... well, it seels like years.

No doubt you can always find a rationalisation to explain why the huge
wealth hasn't reached your bank account quite yet, but doesn't it seem
odd to you that you have to keep finding rationalisations?

Sylvia.

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

Ahh no.  See the movie MIDDLEMEN about the Adult Business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v3D%m3gcb_9Q10E

Get in.  Get rich.  Get out!

These guys spent $20M with Paramount Studios, movie flopped.  VISA
cancelled 5,000 webmaster credit cards overnight, my pay skipped for 2
weeks (hence the hotdogs just after paying $1000 for CamAffiliate...)
haha

$5000 a week fully automatic is not bad for a $30 ad budget.  I can
scale it up more when I'm not at risk of tipping off the 'too much
sudden income' anti-fraud detection with my backend provider.

I spent 2 years getting a 300x250 banner that people clicked!

Most banners get 1 click for 2000 page views.

CAMGIRLS BANNERS get 1 in 20 clicks!  5% CTR!

That's using an animated GIF!  80s Video Compression!  I've got one of
the top Adult Graphics Compayies working of the Flash Banners this
week!  Not for ME TO ADVERTISE... I have to "sell" these banners to
other Adult Webmasters.. at CamAffiliate.

I've spent about $6000 on CamAffiliate.com the last 2 months... it's
hard to organise 5 different businesses to all work together.. for the
peanuts I pay most of them anyway!  haha

Herc

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

It wouldn't be, if you were actually getting it. But I predict that in a
couple of months, when I enquire after the $40,000 you should have
earned, there will be yet another reason offered for its nonexistence. I
expect you don't believe that. I'll post citing this posting when the
time comes. When that happens, perhaps you'll finally start to wonder
how I could have predicted this so accurately.

Perhaps. But you probably won't.

Sylvia.

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

You're getting scammed. Any money you are paying is money lost to a scam,
you're not employing anyone, they are milking you.

What a numpty you are.

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

Nope!  Clientele include Playboy and Hustler the artists I'm hiring.

Amazing job on CamAffiliate.com logo.. like the T2 movie metal style
lettering..

Herc

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

It's not that bad, just setting up a weekender.

Next week I pick up my 10 Amorphous Solar Panels and 1500W inverter
and can pressure clean the gutters, then connect the tank to roof and
then go anywhere!

I stay at the coast in $200/nite penthouses half the time.  Had a King
Sized Spa this week!

but I prefer having 5 miles to the nearest neighbour so I can work on
my perpetual motion and

AA Battery Powered Fridge!

http://camaffiliate.com/DRY-AIR-INTAKE.jpg
http://camaffiliate.com/INTERNAL-EVAPORATION-UNIT.jpg

Just using a Shielded USB Cable and stuck the modem on the window!

http://camaffiliate.com/SHED-CORNER.jpg
http://camaffiliate.com/Gray-July2012.jpg

The OBESE GUY!

Herc.

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

What is it keeping cold exactly? Is it even cold? Hard to tell anything from
those pics.

Are you using an eeePC?

Re: What happens when solar power is cheaper than grid power?

Can of coke in the bottom sitting in 3 inches of water.

The temp drops instantly.

The 1st experiment I just recycled 25 degree water into a 12 shower,
through 1 foot of air pointing back down into the basin.

Dropped 5 degrees in 10 minutes.

EVAP Coolers cool the air.  I'm catching the cold water droplets and
separating that from the humid air bi-product.

Standard 10inch notebook.

WOW has an 18inch laptop, clearing stock was $2000>>$1300
but setting up shop is costing all my pays so far.

Should have a Microwave running next week!

Herc

Site Timeline