What do you think of Screenscope V Traditional Scope

I am thinking of getting one of these

Given I have lots of flat screen and mice already laying around it seems good value. Or is the Rigol 1052E better? I will probably only use it occasionally (probably once or twice a year) with car electronics and the odd domestic electrical appliance.

--
Regards
Blue

I think they need a new web designer.

6.5 megs for a few pages(?) from a magazine? overlapping text on the specs page.
--
??pun u?op ?o?? s?u??????

Jasen Betts

For occasional use why not if it's good value. Only thing that isn't immediately apparent on the website is maximum input voltage specs, that would be worth checking out.

Reply to
Noodnik

The review in January's Silicon Chip doesn't seem to answer that voltage question either. I suppose I could email them and ask.

--
Regards
Blue
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
aussiblu

They replied:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

The stated max input for Screenscope is 45 V peak However its inputs can tolerate up to 200V at low frequencies.

The reason for the 45V peak is safety standards compliance and the reasoning is:

- Screenscope is powered by a 12V isolated power adaptor so there is no direct connection of its ground to mains ground.

- It is grounded through the monitor connection but that is not considered a protective so it is not considered as far as safety compliance goes.

- So if someone inadvertently connects the ground clip of a probe to a live chassis, the whole setup could go live and present a hazard.

- The only way around this is to make it clear to users that it is not for use with voltages greater that 45V.

Hope this answers your question. please don't hesitate to contact me again if you have any further queries."