What do you think of Screenscope V Traditional Scope

I am thinking of getting one of these
http://www.screenscopetraces.com/diamond/index.php Given I have
lots of flat screen and mice already laying around it seems good
value.  Or is the Rigol 1052E better?  I will probably only use
it occasionally  (probably once or twice a year) with car
electronics and the odd domestic electrical appliance.
--
Regards
Blue

Re: What do you think of Screenscope V Traditional Scope

I think they need a new web designer.
6.5 megs for a few pages(?) from a magazine?
overlapping text on the specs page.

--
ɹǝpun uʍop ɯoɹɟ sƃuıʇǝǝɹ⅁

Re: What do you think of Screenscope V Traditional Scope

For occasional use why not if it's good value. Only thing that isn't
immediately apparent on the website is maximum input voltage specs, that
would be worth checking out.

Re: What do you think of Screenscope V Traditional Scope
The review in January's Silicon Chip doesn't seem to answer that
voltage question either. I suppose I could email them and ask.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: What do you think of Screenscope V Traditional Scope
They replied:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

The stated max input for Screenscope is 45 V peak However its
inputs can tolerate up to 200V at low frequencies.

The reason for the 45V peak is safety standards compliance and
the reasoning is:

- Screenscope is powered by a 12V isolated power adaptor so
there is no direct connection of its ground to mains ground.
- It is grounded through the monitor connection but that is not
considered a protective so it is not considered as far as safety
compliance goes.
- So if someone inadvertently connects the ground clip of a
probe to a live chassis, the whole setup could go live and
present a hazard.

-  The only way around this is to make it clear to users that it
is not for use with voltages greater that 45V.

Hope this answers your question. please don't hesitate to
contact me again if you have any further queries."

--
Regards
Blue