What are these Altronics "Ferrules"

Anyone know what these "Ferrules" from Altronics are for.

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=H2415

They come in about six different diameters.
None of the 3 staff there knew what they were for, and neither do I but they
look useful.

Cheers
John

Re: What are these Altronics "Ferrules"

Stephen

Re: What are these Altronics "Ferrules"

{:-), so you brought some?  Now you know what they are "useful" for.

I think the same about fishing lures.

Re: What are these Altronics "Ferrules"

They are used to terminate over multistrand cables when used with screw type
electrical terminals.They give a better connection rather than screwing down
on the multistrand cable.A special crimper is needed for these.

they

Re: What are these Altronics "Ferrules"

Ferrules are  contact joiners,
you might call them spade connectors.

The ferrules in the link above are not spade connectors, because they are
cylindrical only.

They fit over  some shaft or into some  cylinder... but otherwise are just
like spade connectors.

spade connectors are also called ferrules.

Re: What are these Altronics "Ferrules"

This is not true.

valiumboy (above) has given the correct answer.

Re: What are these Altronics "Ferrules"

finger to keyboard and composed:

All my catalogues show spade terminals as having flat mating surfaces
(because they look like spades?), whereas ferrules are depicted as
round. QC terminals with cylindrical ends are "bullet" receptacles.

The dictionary also defines a ferrule as a "metal ring or cap
strengthening end of stick or tube". The etymology has some
relationship to "bracelet".

See http://www.bartleby.com/61/75/F0087500.html

- Franc Zabkar

Re: What are these Altronics "Ferrules"

Ferrules are pretty common , get crimped into a "crescent moon" shape and
pushed into screw terminal blocks .
Used in Low voltage & mains applications.