What are Google Thinking ?

Hi to all,

 a few weeks ago Google (Australia) changed how their site operates  -
unlike previously,  one can now  ONLY  select  between "  the web " or "
pages from Australia "  when using the original home page.

After you hit the search button, that option becomes inactive,  though still
visible.

You have to return to the original page to make the selection.

How damn annoying.

Why the change ?

.......   Phil

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

    Probably the same reason their new Firefox toolbar doesn't work the
way it used to ... whatever that is.

Bob

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

I've experienced the same thing, however I've found that it does still work,
but you have to wait a moment click beside the radio button rather than
directly on it. Bloody annoying never the less.

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

"Poxy"

**  Yeah  -  with a lot of playing around I can get it to respond.

 It is just some damn silly   SOFTWARE    BUG  !!!

 Wonder when it will get fixed ??

 Will there eventually be a "Wiki" on it ??

.......  Phil

They Fixed It !!!

"Phil Allison"

 **  Yeah  -  with a lot of playing around I can get it to respond.
 It is just some damn silly   SOFTWARE    BUG  !!!
 Wonder when it will get fixed ??

**  It's fixed now !!!

  Will there eventually be a "Wiki" on it ??

**  Wait for it  .....

......   Phil

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

Works fine for me.
"the web" and "pages from Australia" both are fully functional on the
search result page.
I'm using Firefox.

Dave.

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

I'm on FF, and it seems to be working OK for me also.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

"Don McKenzie"

**  Looks like it is a bug specific to IE and XP.

   How surprising .....

.......  Phil

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

    Yep, it's doing it to me too with Internet Exploder 7, while Firefox
is OK.

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

I am using Xp Pro and version IE Version 7.0.5730.11IS and it is
working fine for me. I wonder if it is an IE& setting that is
different or perhaps your anti-virus software.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

"aussiblu"

** Am using the " large fonts " option.

There is definitely a problem with the subsequent pages.

Clicking just over the top of the "e" in  "web" or the "e" in " pages "
works.

.......  Phil

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

You're right; if I change to larger fonts I have the same
problem. So perhaps the fix is to buy a larger screen ;-)

--
Regards
Blue

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

"aussiblu"

 **  Ha, ha ....

My IE is version 6   -   changing the font size back to normal has no
effect.

......  Phil

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

I just had a play around with my V7 IE, and I have the same problem.

Phil, perhaps you should consider FireFox anyway. It has many advantages
over IE, including script blocking, which works a treat, and fully and
easily controllable by the user.

Current v2 is only around 6Mb
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox /

see:
for a run down on noscript.

Give FF about 2 hours, and it will grow on you, and you will wonder why
you ever put up with IE.

and have a look at the sort of thing you can add to the integrated
google search bar:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:4

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

    Good on yer Don! Couldn't agree more. I'm running Flashblock and
AdBlock Plus which make browsing the web (usually) tolerable. :-)

Bob

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

It's probably a bug in Internet Exploder. Remember that Microsoft Windows
itself is one constantly growing virus program, so you'd expect IE, being
a central part of that exploitation plan, to introduce 'bugs' that make
you use features of the web in particular ways.

--
We are Species 8472. We are the enemy of the Borg (USA) and those who align
with the Borg. Fluidic space is our domain. Our bioships can easily disable

Everything is fine on my pc. Google works well both the engine and the tool
bar. Must be you.

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

I noticed this as well but if you click it a few times it clicks on aus
only.

Re: What are Google Thinking ?

Dunno. Download Google Toolbar and you won't need to worry about those
vaguaries any moer.

geoff

Site Timeline