What are Google Thinking ?

Hi to all,

a few weeks ago Google (Australia) changed how their site operates - unlike previously, one can now ONLY select between " the web " or " pages from Australia " when using the original home page.

After you hit the search button, that option becomes inactive, though still visible.

You have to return to the original page to make the selection.

How damn annoying.

Why the change ?

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Probably the same reason their new Firefox toolbar doesn't work the way it used to ... whatever that is.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

I've experienced the same thing, however I've found that it does still work, but you have to wait a moment click beside the radio button rather than directly on it. Bloody annoying never the less.

Reply to
Poxy

Works fine for me. "the web" and "pages from Australia" both are fully functional on the search result page. I'm using Firefox.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I'm on FF, and it seems to be working OK for me also.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

** Yeah - with a lot of playing around I can get it to respond.

It is just some damn silly SOFTWARE BUG !!!

Wonder when it will get fixed ??

Will there eventually be a "Wiki" on it ??

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Don McKenzie"

** Looks like it is a bug specific to IE and XP.

How surprising .....

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Yep, it's doing it to me too with Internet Exploder 7, while Firefox is OK.

Reply to
Bob Parker

I am using Xp Pro and version IE Version 7.0.5730.11IS and it is working fine for me. I wonder if it is an IE& setting that is different or perhaps your anti-virus software.

--
Regards
Blue
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
aussiblu

"aussiblu"

** Am using the " large fonts " option.

There is definitely a problem with the subsequent pages.

Clicking just over the top of the "e" in "web" or the "e" in " pages " works.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You're right; if I change to larger fonts I have the same problem. So perhaps the fix is to buy a larger screen ;-)

--
Regards
Blue
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
aussiblu

"aussiblu"

** Ha, ha ....

My IE is version 6 - changing the font size back to normal has no effect.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I just had a play around with my V7 IE, and I have the same problem.

Phil, perhaps you should consider FireFox anyway. It has many advantages over IE, including script blocking, which works a treat, and fully and easily controllable by the user.

Current v2 is only around 6Mb

see:

for a run down on noscript.

Give FF about 2 hours, and it will grow on you, and you will wonder why you ever put up with IE.

and have a look at the sort of thing you can add to the integrated google search bar:

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

It's probably a bug in Internet Exploder. Remember that Microsoft Windows itself is one constantly growing virus program, so you'd expect IE, being a central part of that exploitation plan, to introduce 'bugs' that make you use features of the web in particular ways.

--
We are Species 8472. We are the enemy of the Borg (USA) and those who align
with the Borg. Fluidic space is our domain. Our bioships can easily disable
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Species 8472

Everything is fine on my pc. Google works well both the engine and the tool bar. Must be you.

Reply to
Mr. Sandman

Good on yer Don! Couldn't agree more. I'm running Flashblock and AdBlock Plus which make browsing the web (usually) tolerable. :-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

I noticed this as well but if you click it a few times it clicks on aus only.

Reply to
Harold Hughes - Activity Direc

Dunno. Download Google Toolbar and you won't need to worry about those vaguaries any moer.

geoff

Reply to
Geoff

"Phil Allison"

** Yeah - with a lot of playing around I can get it to respond. It is just some damn silly SOFTWARE BUG !!! Wonder when it will get fixed ??

** It's fixed now !!!

Will there eventually be a "Wiki" on it ??

** Wait for it .....

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison