Weller heating element problem - Page 2

Re: Weller heating element problem

**Huh? So, you are suggestnig that these guys:

http://www.ipcc.ch /

http://www.csiro.au/resources/pfbg.html

http://climate.nasa.gov /

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange /

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Ayers

Are all wrong? And these guys (fuckwits, one and all):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Abbott (Religious fuckwit)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Pell (Religious fuckwit)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Jones_ (radio_broadcaster) (plain old
fuckwit)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Minchin (Religious fuckwit)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Monckton,_3rd_Viscount_Monckton_of_Brenchley
(Religious fuckwit)

Are all right?

You're nuts if you want us to believe that the religious loonies are right
and all the highly qualified scientists are wrong.

I suggest you get your head out of the sand.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Weller heating element problem

It is still controversial.

You are also nuts if you think all highly qualified scientists support
the IPCC position.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_ =
assessment_of_global_warming

Re: Weller heating element problem

**No, it is not. That would be like saying that health issues related to
smoking is still controversial. The only people who still maintain that
health problems associated with smoking are tobacco companies. Same deal
with AGW. The only people who maintain that AGW is controversial are those
who work for or are paid by the fossil fuel industry, Catholics, or those
who can't be bothered reading the science.

THERE IS NO CONTROVERSY.

**I don't. I am well aware that almost all the climatologists accept the
facts of AGW. I am also aware that scientists from unrelated disciplines
have stated that they dispute the facts. Of course, since climate science is
beyond their field of experience, their opinions are hardly valid.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Weller heating element problem
Racial vilification is going to cause you problems tweva , best stop it .
--

Re: Weller heating element problem

That doesn't make any sense.

Yes there is.
Check out the list of scientists who think so, which you snipped for
some reason.......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_ =
assessment_of_global_warming

Now tell me how many on the list are catholics, paid for by the fossil
fuel industry etc.

What is interesting is that many sceptics are retired scientists and
have no financial pressure to tow the
AGW line, unlike those collecting paychecks and grants for promoting
AGW.

If you look at the following list you will find people who are
qualified as atmospheric scientists etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_ =
assessment_of_global_warming

Anyway, what degree do you need to call yourself a climatologist ?
Atmospheric science ? Meterology ?
I am sure that there are AGW believers who collect paychecks as
'climatologists' that have no specific
academic background in the subject beyond those sceptics that you
dismiss so easily.

Re: Weller heating element problem

Don't waste your time trying to change Trevor's mind on this - he
follows
this fraud literally like a religion.  Even though the game is clearly
coming to an end for
these climate scammers (that few people believe anymore, as can be
seen with the backlash to Julia's carbon tax)
some hardcore groupies like him still push this theory.

The Rothchild or similar banking crime families came up with the idea
of these
"dirty air scares" in the 1960's in order to profit and control.
(including controlling
vital resources such as coal and oil and maximising profit).
When you own or control the lion's share of the world's wealth - you
can make any "scientific" or other theory or policy you want - real
even if it isn't.  You just fund those who will assist in pushing your
views, and destroy those who don't.

The same applies to governments. They get in and stay in when they do
as they are told. Julia
is just following orders, but it has been left too late.  Fewer and
fewer Australians believe any more
and hopefully it will be enough to stop this rot.

You have about as much chance of changing Trev's mind on this
as you do of convincing hardcore religious people that their beliefs
are wrong.
It is the same theory.

Re: Weller heating element problem

**Fraud? WTF? You manage to ignore the massive weight of science and accept
what Tony Abbott, George Pell, Alan Jones and Monckton tell you. And you
have the temerity to refer to the science of climate physics as a religion.

Here's an idea for you:

Contact this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Ayers

He is the boss of the Bureau of Meteorology. Send him a clear description of
why you think he is wrong about AGW. Publish your response here:

---

---

Unlike you, Tony Abbott, Monckton, Pell and Alan Jones, Greg Ayers has
worked in the area of atmospheric physics for decades. UNlike you, he knows
Re: Weller heating element problem
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:03:50 +1000, Art Vanderlay

WES Components, Sydney, have these in stock.

Re: Weller heating element problem

Farnell (now element 14)

I have had problems with these too, the elements seem to last a couple
of years and then just go open circuit. Not good.

Solved the problem by buying an Ersa and later a Hakko 936.  Never
looked back.

Re: Weller heating element problem
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 15:55:37 -0700 (PDT), kreed

Interestingly, my Weller W-TCP-D dates back to 1975 (and was a present
from my wife-to-be!).  Since then it has seen much hobby use, together
with running a small service operation and occasional production
pcb-stuffing.

In that time, I have had one element failure (replacement ex WES was
~$A30) and have probably devoured ten or so tips.  The iron is NOT
left turned on when not required.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd do it all over again.

Re: Weller heating element problem

Which, the iron or the wife?                 ;)

Re: Weller heating element problem

If the wife buys him a soldering iron as a present, then that is one
hell of a woman

Re: Weller heating element problem

If the wife buys him a soldering iron as a present, then that is one
hell of a woman

==========================

I was going to add a comment about the wife keeping the sponge wet for me
but in the interests of good taste I won't.

Re: Weller heating element problem
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 02:43:44 -0700 (PDT), kreed

Agreed.  She actually asked a close mate for a suggestion, and figured
that would be the go

Got it right in spades, previously I had a Scope - good for soldering
gutters and heatsinks - and a tweety little constant power 12V 20W
thing that sometimes froze up in a blob of solder.

Re: Weller heating element problem

Both!

Site Timeline