Weller heating element problem

**Huh? So, you are suggestnig that these guys:

Are all wrong? And these guys (fuckwits, one and all):

(Religious f****it)

(Religious f****it)

(plain old f****it)

(Religious f****it)

(Religious f****it)

Are all right?

You're nuts if you want us to believe that the religious loonies are right and all the highly qualified scientists are wrong.

I suggest you get your head out of the sand.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

It is still controversial.

You are also nuts if you think all highly qualified scientists support the IPCC position.

Eurowasp

**No, it is not. That would be like saying that health issues related to smoking is still controversial. The only people who still maintain that health problems associated with smoking are tobacco companies. Same deal with AGW. The only people who maintain that AGW is controversial are those who work for or are paid by the fossil fuel industry, Catholics, or those who can't be bothered reading the science.

THERE IS NO CONTROVERSY.

**I don't. I am well aware that almost all the climatologists accept the facts of AGW. I am also aware that scientists from unrelated disciplines have stated that they dispute the facts. Of course, since climate science is beyond their field of experience, their opinions are hardly valid.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Racial vilification is going to cause you problems tweva , best stop it .

--
Reply to
atec77

Both!

Reply to
who where

Agreed. She actually asked a close mate for a suggestion, and figured that would be the go

Got it right in spades, previously I had a Scope - good for soldering gutters and heatsinks - and a tweety little constant power 12V 20W thing that sometimes froze up in a blob of solder.

Reply to
who where

nt

ght

Don't waste your time trying to change Trevor's mind on this - he follows this fraud literally like a religion. Even though the game is clearly coming to an end for these climate scammers (that few people believe anymore, as can be seen with the backlash to Julia's carbon tax) some hardcore groupies like him still push this theory.

The Rothchild or similar banking crime families came up with the idea of these "dirty air scares" in the 1960's in order to profit and control. (including controlling vital resources such as coal and oil and maximising profit). When you own or control the lion's share of the world's wealth - you can make any "scientific" or other theory or policy you want - real even if it isn't. You just fund those who will assist in pushing your views, and destroy those who don't.

The same applies to governments. They get in and stay in when they do as they are told. Julia is just following orders, but it has been left too late. Fewer and fewer Australians believe any more and hopefully it will be enough to stop this rot.

You have about as much chance of changing Trev's mind on this as you do of convincing hardcore religious people that their beliefs are wrong. It is the same theory.

Reply to
kreed

**Fraud? WTF? You manage to ignore the massive weight of science and accept what Tony Abbott, George Pell, Alan Jones and Monckton tell you. And you have the temerity to refer to the science of climate physics as a religion.

Here's an idea for you:

Contact this guy:

He is the boss of the Bureau of Meteorology. Send him a clear description of why you think he is wrong about AGW. Publish your response here:

Reply to
Trevor Wilson

:Tom wrote: :> On 10/04/2011 8:20 PM, Art Vanderlay wrote: :>> Tom wrote: :>>> On 10/04/2011 6:03 PM, Art Vanderlay wrote: :>>>> Hi all, :>>>>

:>>>> My Weller soldering iron heater carked it recently (TC208 24v 42w) :>>>> so after testing found that the heating element was open circuit. :>>>>

:>>>> This was no big deal, just went to my local industrial supply place :>>>> that deals with Cooper Tools (the Weller Distributor) and ordered a :>>>> new one. I have done this previously in the past with no problems. :>>>>

:>>>> I received a phone call from my dealer telling me that Cooper Tools :>>>> wouldn't sell them a replacement element "as it was dangerous" and :>>>> that the iron had to be sent to them for repairs. This is not a :>>>> warranty claim- the iron is about 20 years old. :>>>>

:>>>> Has anyone else come across this type of crap from Cooper Tools or :>>>> can I be pointed to somewhere that sells these items without :>>>> hassle. I've tried to support the local Australian distributors and :>>>> will :>>>> probably end up buying it from a US source without drama. :>>>>

:>>>> Thanks. :>>>

:>>> Buy a new Hakko, I want to buy one but my 10 years old (previous :>>> model) Hakko doesn't want to break down... :>>> Tom :>> Buying a new iron is certainly looking like an option. It's :>> unfortunate though as I've had this one for a long time and really :>> like it as an iron. Tips etc have never been a problem. Sounds like :>> Hakko is a brand of choice as an alternative as several repliers :>> suggest this brand. I'll have a look into these. Thanks to everyone for :>> their input. :>

:> We use Hakko at my work, they last a long time. We have some very old :> models going strong after years and parts seems not a problem. My own :> at home is 7-8 years old and had not one problem yet but it only get :> hobby use. :> Funny enough my company is part of Cooper but to get Weller tools from :> sister company we would have to go through lot of paperwork and wait :> few months, we order Hakko tools or parts and they arrive next day. : :**Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The best side cutters I have ever :owned (and I've owned most of the premium brands) was made in the US by the :(wait for it) Diamond Tool and Horseshoe Company. Seriously tough cutting :edge that lasts for years. Well made and modestly priced (about 50% cheaper :than the Swedish stuff). When it came time to replace my cutters a few years :back, I looked everywhere and couldn't locate a replacement. I finally :tracked them down. Cooper Tools had bought out the company and shut them :down. Cooper kindly offered to sell me their replacement, which I tried and :rejected. More Cooper Tools crap. : :I now avoid ALL Cooper Tools products where possible. Bastards.

I remember having a pair of Diamond Tool brand 4-1/2" side-cutters way back in the 60's and they were the hardest edged blade I had come across. Somebody unoficially "borrowed" (stole) them and I never got them back.

In the mid 70's Diamond Tool branded their side cutters Diamalloy and while Diamond no longer exists you can occasionally pick up a bargain on Ebay

I still have a near new pair of circa 1970's Diamalloy 4" side cutters and while they are good they aren't quite as hard as the old 60's era product and they don't use a boxed joint.

Other good brands no longer in existence or subsumed by the bigger tool makers were Vanaloy (USA now gone), Ahrem (Germany now gone), Elliot Lucas (now Spear & Jackson owned and not as good) and one unknown brand simply stamped "K B B". These all used extremely well made boxed joints and good hard steel. Lindstrom (Sweden)

are still going but their cutters are no longer forged nor do they use boxed joints. These days they use rivet or screw joints which are not nearly as good as boxed. They are also expensive out here.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

**They're ones. I asked my brother to sharpen my last set. He swore at me. A hard edge has one big downside, when it comes to sharpening the blade.

**Thanks for spotting that. Looks like a bargain for the price. Even allowing for freight.
**Bloody oath.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

I like my orthodontic wire-cutters. Box jointed, carbide-tipped, stainless-steel, made in Germany for clipping hardened high-tensile wires.

I guess they were expensive too, except my father was an orthodontist.

You might find

or something like it that works for you.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

**I use a few dental tools. In the main, they're superb tools, that keep their edge. One is constantly by my side. Dunno what it is called, but I use it for scraping PCBs. It's kept it edge for at least a decade or so.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

:Clifford Heath wrote: :> On 04/13/11 13:48, Ross Herbert wrote: :>> I remember having a pair of Diamond Tool brand 4-1/2" side-cutters :>> way back in the 60's and they were the hardest edged blade I had :>> come across. :>

:> I like my orthodontic wire-cutters. Box jointed, carbide-tipped, :> stainless-steel, made in Germany for clipping hardened high-tensile :> wires. :> I guess they were expensive too, except my father was an orthodontist. :>

:> You might find :>

:> or something like it that works for you. :> Clifford Heath. : :**I use a few dental tools. In the main, they're superb tools, that keep :their edge. One is constantly by my side. Dunno what it is called, but I use :it for scraping PCBs. It's kept it edge for at least a decade or so.

There is a German company, Bernstein, whose electronics cutters look to be quite good (they use boxed joints)

The range includes hard wire cutters and they are sold in Aus by Mektronics (I think RS and Farnell as well but haven't checked). I don't think they are cheap....

Ross Herbert

That doesn't make any sense.

Yes there is. Check out the list of scientists who think so, which you snipped for some reason.......

Now tell me how many on the list are catholics, paid for by the fossil fuel industry etc.

What is interesting is that many sceptics are retired scientists and have no financial pressure to tow the AGW line, unlike those collecting paychecks and grants for promoting AGW.

is

If you look at the following list you will find people who are qualified as atmospheric scientists etc.

Anyway, what degree do you need to call yourself a climatologist ? Atmospheric science ? Meterology ? I am sure that there are AGW believers who collect paychecks as 'climatologists' that have no specific academic background in the subject beyond those sceptics that you dismiss so easily.

Reply to
Eurowasp

The new hakko tellytubby style is a bit much for me. Mektronics sell a Chinese clone of the old hakko (903?). They're identical and I suspect that they come from the factory that produced them for hakko. (and yes, I also prefer hakko to weller - I own both)

Reply to
scatter