Webramp software

Hi All, Im the "lucky" owner of a Banksia webramp M3 but without the software. I need to reset the password but cant do it and Im hoping the software will be able to reset the password.

Anyhow, Banksia was sold to another company who stopped supporting the Webramp. I have searched the Internet and found that support for the Webramp was reinstated so I emailed them, but no response, asking how to reset the password.

Interestingly enough, there are a number of pins on the PCB but there are no details what they are for.

Any help will be welcome, thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul and Paula

It's been years since I even saw a Webramp. It shouldn't need software, you connect via TCP/IP if you have the password (which you don't). If it's the same model as the one we had, it should have a serial in port you can connect to via a terminal program and a null model cable. Of course that's no good if you don't have the manual to figure out what commands to send it. From my recollection I had to connect this way to reset it to factory default settings when I stuffed something up- probably the password or IP configuration.

If you can find the manual or a list of connection settings and commands you should be able to use the serial port back door.

Reply to
Tim Polmear

Hiya Tim, now just to find a manual! I hope some kind soul has one laying around!

Can you remember what baud rate to use? I have tried the serial port, but could not get it to work. Eventually I found the IP address by running port scanning software (worked like a charm!!) but I cant do anything until I can reset the *&%^$# password!!

Oh well, maybe Ill be lucky and get broadband sometime soon. Cant understand it - Im in the middle of a city, but Telstra says Im too far away from the exchange - go figure!

Anyhow, thanks for your thoughts

reagrds Paul

Reply to
Paul and Paula

Ooo, sorry, missed this NG for a while. I can't remember any of the settings but why not try

Now it might not be the exact same version but the info should be enough to put you in the right direction. There is a section on using the console port.

Good luck Tim

Reply to
Tim Polmear