Washing machine and USB devices

Morning all.
I have a bit of a problem.  I get interference when using my computer and
washing machine at the same time.
When the washing machine is working the motor on the bowl turns on and off
and changes direction, using one of those stator type motors i think their
called.  In doing so I can hear a crackle or spike in my speakers, and if
using broadband (USB), it disconnects the broadband.  I have a joystck type
USB interface and disconnects the interface ever time the motor turns on.
Any way of solving this problem?  If so, is it done at the washing machine
or computer end?
Many thanks in advance,
Rob,
Diamond Creek
Melbourne

Re: Washing machine and USB devices

What brand of Washer ?

Re: Washing machine and USB devices

Hi Rob, have a talk to the wife and lay down the law. She is onle to do the
washing after hours with respect to computer operation. If you don't get
co-operation then I'd suggest you start looking for a new wife.

Re: Washing machine and USB devices

the

I assume you wash your own clothes then.

I guess you aren't married :-)

MrT.

Re: Washing machine and USB devices

...and your turn your jocks inside out to extend the wear period.     : )

Re: Washing machine and USB devices

I can't see why you would want to soil your trousers doing that. I find it
far easier just to wash the jocks, but whatever works for you.

MrT.

Re: Washing machine and USB devices

**Yeah, like that'll work. They're all exactly the same.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

--

Re: Washing machine and USB devices

He hasn't investigated the change over costs involved lately either :-)

MrT.

Re: Washing machine and USB devices

type

A proper mains filter on the washing machine fixed my interference problems.
I suggest you try that first.

MrT.

Re: Washing machine and USB devices

Hi all.
Thanks for the replies.
Mentioned the above suggestions to the wife.  She thought they were funny,
but followed with her concerns for the timing, being that of; my computer
usage, telling her when to do or not do the laundrey, and the arrival of the
ambulance.
In the end the problems were solved with a $29.00 Belking mains filter/surge
protector.
The occasional click can still be faintly heard on the speakers, but there
are no longer any interference problems with my usb devices.
Thank god for that.  I wasn't sure if my ambulance subscription was up to
date.  Costs about $800-00 a trip.
Rob.