Wanted: 8 Digit LED display

I am looking for an LED (7 segment) style display with 8 digits.

I am building a GPS derived clock.

I see there is a MAXIM chip that does this, looking for one built up.

Cheers

Andrew

Re: Wanted: 8 Digit LED display

Farnell have got a couple 4 x 7 segment displays from LED Technology
pn 5014890 common anode red at $17.20 each , or
pn 5014920 common cathode green $17.80 each
They did have more but are not stocking them anymore. These are on stock run-out.

Tenrod in Sydney have some in various sizes (0.244",0.4" and 0.56")
and wavelength.

Rockby have 4x7 red Sharlight CM4-5655 F for about a dollar each
in their surplus section.

Re: Wanted: 8 Digit LED display

Amiga Electronics has an 4 digit display module with onboard driver
chips, 2 of these stuck togeather should do niclely.

Check it out at www.amiga.com.au

Regards,
        Brenden Ede

run-out.

Re: Wanted: 8 Digit LED display

You will have to use multiple displays and put them together.
I once had a 6 digit clock HH:MM:SS, I was able to light up just one of the
7 segs at a time at a higher enough rate that the brightness was still good
to see. This made control a lot easier as I only needed to switch 6 cathodes
and 7 datalines.

Site Timeline