Want to Buy PC800 RDRAM

Hello fellow Enthusiasts and Techies,
a friend of mine has a Compact Presario computer. One
of the two sticks of 64MB PC800 RDRAM is faulty.
My friend tells me that the ram must be fitted in pairs so
he needs another stick of 64MB
or
two sticks of whatever size.

My friend has tried computer sellers with no luck so
I am asking here on his behalf.
Anyone able to help?

Regards,
John Crighton
Hornsby Heights
NSW

Re: Want to Buy PC800 RDRAM

Do a search on eBay for "PC800", plenty of hits:
http://computers.search.ebay.com.au/pc800

Dave :)

Re: Want to Buy PC800 RDRAM

Hello Dave,
thanks for the quick reply. I already spoke to my friend
about ebay, he doesn't like it.
At your suggestion, I had a look at ebay myself.
One hit of a pair of 64MB and lots of hits for bigger ram sticks
at prices way more than my friend's whole computer is worth.
I notice they come in pairs just like my friend was telling me.

Since his computer is old and not worth much he would
rather just buy one piece of 64 MB at a reasonable price
and get his machine working again. I was hoping someone
here might have a single stick in a junked machine.
Thanks again Dave for answering.

Regards,
John Crighton
Hornsby Heights

Re: Want to Buy PC800 RDRAM

You get that with old stuff!
P3-800+ Dell machines can be had for $50-100 at the local markets, and
they use the cheaper more readily available RAM. Could get a complete
machine with memory for under $100! Amazing really.

Dave :)

Re: Want to Buy PC800 RDRAM

John,

Think I have a pair of 64mb PC800 sticks here.  I have a Dell of 2002
vintage which was originally fitted with 256mb from factory, and I upgraded
2 banks.  If you like, I can have a quick look around to find them, if you
still interested.

Cheers,

Rod.......Out  Back

Re: Want to Buy PC800 RDRAM

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:40:11 GMT, "Rod Out Back"

Hello Rod,
yes, please have a quick look.
Send me an email, so that I can pass your email address
on to my friend and he can  can talk to you direct by email.
He doesn't read news groups.
Regards,
John Crighton
Hornsby
john snipped-for-privacy@tpg.com.au

Re: Want to Buy PC800 RDRAM

Of course not, his computer isn't working :-)

Michael

Site Timeline