Wall Mounting Flat screen TV's - Page 2

Re: Wall Mounting Flat screen TV's

I chased up on this a little more:
http://powerbridgesolution.com/aboutpowerbridge.html
near the bottom, there is a video that explains it in detail.

Uses standard house wiring power cable inside the cavity, and you have
to connect up the outlets at each end.

I can see problems getting this approved in oz.
(But anyone can install ceiling insulation. :-) )

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Wall Mounting Flat screen TV's

And indeed anyone can staple into electrical wiring.

Re: Wall Mounting Flat screen TV's

You might try an electrical wholesaler for Clipsal Cat No 408/3 socket and
409/3 plug. They are the recessed pair for 240v wall mounted clocks and are
rated 5A.

Chas.

Re: Wall Mounting Flat screen TV's

It is quite simple really for a tradie. Apparently none of you lot are. I
don't propose to tell you all how to install the set up. As one of you said
' Remember the insulation shambles'. If you can afford to buy your flat
screen you can get it done professionally. Or as someone suggested get some
old bits of pine from Mr Bunnings and make frames etc. Very agricultural. Do
it properly and DON'T use clock outlets!

Re: Wall Mounting Flat screen TV's

www.jaycar.com.au has a brush cable entry wall plate. Cat number PS0291

Just get two of these and run plastic conduit between top and bottom wall
plate. Just run the IEC power cable down to a lower power point, together
with antenna and other cables. Just like the powerbridge without the cheap
looking power points.

Re: Wall Mounting Flat screen TV's

One would have to be very careful with this rig. And make sure that the
cable insulation on all conductors and signal is maintained at or above the
AC supply to the set, and possibly segregated to avoid noise. (it does
happen). I doubt if the plug terminations would fit through the 'brush' and
last of all it really would look like a DYI job. As I have said previously
spend a few bucks. Frankly some of the proposals are required to be carried
out by licensed tradies. Even to putting on a plain old plug top.

Re: Wall Mounting Flat screen TV's

The IEC female end should fit theough that brush, the rest of the cables
should have smaller ends (unless one is SCART)  I can't see a 200W
telly overloading a 10A IEC power cable, even inside a wall, but I'd
think twice about a 1200W projector.

Also it's not installing a mousehole like that American one is.

Re: Wall Mounting Flat screen TV's

Middies carry the required recessed power connector and cable
  it allows for minimum distance behind the screen and hence a narrow bezel

Site Timeline