Wall Mounting Flat screen TV's

I have e-mailed Cetnaj for details...

DD

Reply to
DD

They were not there when we took the house , a few bucks and a days work fixed that

Reply to
atec7 7

You might try an electrical wholesaler for Clipsal Cat No 408/3 socket and

409/3 plug. They are the recessed pair for 240v wall mounted clocks and are rated 5A.
--
Regards,

Chas.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chas

It is quite simple really for a tradie. Apparently none of you lot are. I don't propose to tell you all how to install the set up. As one of you said ' Remember the insulation shambles'. If you can afford to buy your flat screen you can get it done professionally. Or as someone suggested get some old bits of pine from Mr Bunnings and make frames etc. Very agricultural. Do it properly and DON'T use clock outlets!

Reply to
Martin

has a brush cable entry wall plate. Cat number PS0291

Just get two of these and run plastic conduit between top and bottom wall plate. Just run the IEC power cable down to a lower power point, together with antenna and other cables. Just like the powerbridge without the cheap looking power points.

Reply to
Mr Mac

One would have to be very careful with this rig. And make sure that the cable insulation on all conductors and signal is maintained at or above the AC supply to the set, and possibly segregated to avoid noise. (it does happen). I doubt if the plug terminations would fit through the 'brush' and last of all it really would look like a DYI job. As I have said previously spend a few bucks. Frankly some of the proposals are required to be carried out by licensed tradies. Even to putting on a plain old plug top.

Reply to
Martin

Middies carry the required recessed power connector and cable it allows for minimum distance behind the screen and hence a narrow bezel

Reply to
atec7 7

The IEC female end should fit theough that brush, the rest of the cables should have smaller ends (unless one is SCART) I can't see a 200W telly overloading a 10A IEC power cable, even inside a wall, but I'd think twice about a 1200W projector.

Also it's not installing a mousehole like that American one is.

Jasen Betts