voltage regulation

I need to run a mini display that requires about 3.2 V. I have regulated 5V
running on another board. Is there any problem with just using 3 diodes to
drop the voltage to close to the disply's requirements?
Any comments would be welcome.

Robert

Re: voltage regulation

"robert" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

**  Nope.

 But drop a nice electro ( 6 volt, 220uF) across that reduced rail.

........  Phil

Re: voltage regulation

That's a big call big Phil.
I prefer the other response better, at least he is asking for a bit more
information.
Like WTF is a 'Mini Display'?
Are we talking just powering it or is it in need of some data and shite too?
Maybe it's hanging of a data bus..... 3 diodes per bit +/- some chip select?
Thats a lot of diodes, do you really think it's a good idea?
Maybe there is a better way....  (that doesn't use valves or 555s)

;-)

(flame on!)

Re: voltage regulation

"Greg the Grog"

 ** Bullshit it is.

Snip rest of your irrelevant & mindless shite.

.........  Phil

Re: voltage regulation

How much current does the mini display require? Can the 5V supply on the other
board maintain the regulation on its own board, as well as supplying the display
board?

Re: voltage regulation

The "mini display" is the screen from a mobile phone (10mA). The 3.2V will
also power a picaxe microprosessor (prob. 100mA?? i'm guessing) so be be
generous no more than 200 mA for the lot.

Robert

Re: voltage regulation

Is it actually (or critically) 3.2V, or is 3.3V acceptable? 3.3V is a
standard and regulator chips are readily available.

Ken

Re: voltage regulation

the voltage is not critical. Anywhere between 3 and 3.6 is fine.

robert.

Re: voltage regulation

Then use a 3.3V regulator for the display and run the rest of the circuitry
from the 5V or as required.

Ken