Voice only mobile phone?

Do they still sell voice only mobile phones?

Hopefully with a rechargeable card (prepaid).

SWMBO was given one recently and we thought it might be useful to keep it for emergencies, but it has sms and fax msgs. As she is a teacher this is a definite not on (only takes a kids to nick it and sms a sign up to blow all the prepaid).

Whilst we don't like them, we recognise that a voice only one would be useful.

Reply to
Terryc

You should be able to get the carrier to disable all the network features you don't want.

I had this with "Mobile Internet" on my Tel$tra mobile. It was very conveniently located on the keypad so that a sinmgle keypress brought it up! Needless to say it kept logging on accidently and I had to insist that Tel$tra disable the facility.

All I want to do is talk on my phone - no e-mails, sms, internet nothing!

It will be interesting when we get forced to give up our CDMA phones and migrate to Nex G - what the hell do I need a camera in a phone for?

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need.

Reply to
Alan

Yeah, it gives me the craps with all these new "features" that all phones have - I just want to be able to make phone calls and the odd text message, and from my time selling the things, that's all that most people over 25 want. The 15-25 yo's are pretty much the only ones driving the market with all the whizzbangery. In 2-1/2 years of owning a camera phone, i've only found it useful once. She Who Must Be Obeyed was crook and sent me out to buy a bookcase. I was able to take pictures of potential candidates and MMS them to her for her verdict. Certainly a feature I could live without. I used it for novelty use in the first few months of ownership - I think I've gone 12 months now without using the camera once.

Reply to
Graham Fountain

What I hate about the modern phones are the colour screens. You can't see the damn things when the backlight is off, so it's next to impossible to just glance at the display to see if you had a call or sms etc.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Bring back rotary-dial I say! :)

Reply to
swanny

What a decadic lifestyle that would promote!

Reply to
Borat

I wouldn't mind at all , spent many happy hours looking for faults

Reply to
atec77

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need.

Reply to
Alan

And I heard that they are selling quite a few of them in yanksville too.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:33:03 +0800, Alan put finger to keyboard and composed:

I'm waiting for someone to design a PC keyboard using only a mobile phone keypad. It would be just the thing for those pretentious, one-handed SMS typists who reckon it's unkewl to reach for the Shift key.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar