Victorian Big Battery on FIRE !!

Hi,

this looks expensive:

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hi Phil

It certainly does look expensive!

I saw the article yesterday and expected to see some reference on TV news yesterday evening but not a mention on ABC or SBS. Did it get a mention over East?

Perhaps the greenies don't like bad news about "Clean Energy" installations?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Goldfinch

I did see/hear about it on T.V. last night. They even showed an overhead of one of the boxes burning/smoking.

I guessed the vision had come from one of those remote-pilot drone-thingees!!

--
Daniel
Reply to

I was actually expecting something a little bigger for "largest battery in the southern hemisphere".

I suppose we'll never hear what specifically went wrong, assuming they can even figure it out.

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Wasn't it a fire in a container owned by a subcontractor on site ? Not a fault in the battery.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Ahh correction just re-read the article. :-(

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Dave Goldfinch wrote: ==================

** The firies cannot use water directly on the fire and it seems there is no local supply either.

The smoke is highly toxic and drifting into neighbouring properties. Needs to be lots of fire retardent kept on site.

Massive target for terrorists too.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

who hte f*ck runs a large chaemical plant (thats all batteries are) without suppression, fm200, inergen etc, christ, even Co2 would do hte trick

Reply to
noel

Every computer room that I've worked in had a Halon suppression system.

Reply to
keithr0

Dave has his say

keithr0

yep, they all have something thats effective, why is it pvt enterprise can do it, but govts (ohhh and telstra) cant...

Reply to
noel