VHS TAPE to DVD How to

Yep. And the speed of recording has a significant effect on the exposure of the dyes. Too slow and you overexpose, leading to fuzzy edges and eventual bleed across bits. Too fast and it's underexposed, leading to fade out and loss of data.

Reply to
swanny

No I still have some other cd's which were burnt back then and they still read OK looked at them within the last 3 mths.

It was the CD's - cheap brand.

Reply to
Rob

Yep.

All that proves is that that shit burner handles some CD media fine and can't handle some other CD media.

It was a shit burner that couldn?t burn that media.

It must be a shit burner when other burners can burn that media fine.

Reply to
Rod Speed

NO

Reply to
Rob

Yep. I proved that with the stuff you deleted from the quoting, f****it.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Go to Dick Smith and buy a box.

Regions only apply if you set one when authoring.

geoff

Reply to
geoff

This is exactly my approach since a few yars back: RAID file server plus backups where needed. Drives (all green == much longer life) are rotated every 2-3 years: I buy new ones for the RAID chains, former RAID ones end up into clients or become offline backups. Much more practical and cheap: every project, document, photo, music, movie, etc. instantly accessible from all home machines in a few seconds max (RAID disks spin up time when in sleep).

Reply to
asdf

No you did not.

Reply to
Rob

Rob wrote

Everyone can see for themselves that you are lying to your teeth, again.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Through your teeth, another one you have mangled Roddles...

Reply to
SG1

G'day Rod,

What's your take on a good burner ??

Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

The LGs.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Probably easier/cheaper to buy a capture device with USB I/F & RCA jack inputs.

Google for "vhs to usb converter", there's plenty out there.

Reply to
Ian Field