Using electric field to thin fuel - Page 3

Re: Using electric field to thin fuel

ml

Which is obviously a more appropriate use, since there is no evidence
tendered that reducing the viscosity of the fuel actually leads to increased
efficiency when used in a properly tuned car engine in the first place.

MrT.

Re: Using electric field to thin fuel

Tsk!  Tsk!  You can't see the relevance between the Trans Siberian Oil
Pipeline, transporting near frozen crude oil and a modern petrol engine?!
:-))

BTW I do hope you (and others) read my comments on modern fuel injection
systems work on the mass of the fuel and not the volume.  Even modern common
rail diesel engines are now computer controlled and even take into account
the fuel temp before injection.

What most here are losing sight of is that in this day and age with
stringent emission standards (diesel and petrol) fuel economy is the bonus.
Too lean a mixture and CO, NOx emissions go up, too rich and hydrocarbons
are flung out the exhaust.  So therefore perfect combustion at optimum fuel
ratio is not only desirable but a must.

I don't care what this device claims to do for IC engines it just can't
happen at the percentages they claim!

Cheers TT

Re: Using electric field to thin fuel
keyboard and composed:

The article states that Iveco, an Italian diesel engine manufacturer,
subjected the device to testing on a dynamometer. Some results are
included.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Using electric field to thin fuel

Which may only indicate the quality (or lack thereof) of *their* fuel
injection systems though.
Or more likely the level of their vested interests.
Obviously far more vigorous testing is needed before making any assumptions.

MrT.

Re: Using electric field to thin fuel
On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 10:02:23 +1100, Franc Zabkar

The US patent office granted a patent, #6901917, in Jun 7, 2005
(Filing date: May 21, 2001) to Jeffrey Alan Muller for a "device for
saving fuel and reducing emissions". The assignee was "Save The World
Air, Inc". This is for a different invention which claims that
neodymium magnets can reduce the size of fuel droplets to as low as 3
microns in diameter.

The patent states that "the applicant has achieved fuel savings of up
to 63% ... on a four cylinder petrol engine". However, the
experimental "results" that are tabulated in the patent appear
deliberately obscure and refer only to emissions tests, not
performance or fuel consumption.

This is a telling statement:

"Without being bound by theory, the applicant believes that ..."

A search of the US patent office turns up *many* magnetic fuel saving
inventions, so it seems that an "inventor" does not need to provide
convincing proof that his invention actually does what he claims it
does, even if his claims are outrageous.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Using electric field to thin fuel

**In very cold conditions, decreasing the viscosity of Diesel makes sense.
It has been done before. These guys:

http://www.tycothermal.com/australia/english/specialty_heating /

Have some excellent products. Formerly Raychem.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Using electric field to thin fuel
On Nov 2, 10:22A0%am, "Trevor Wilson"

Well 'lux turbo diesel made it to North Pole.

--
Kipland.

Re: Using electric field to thin fuel

I'll bet they used a fuel additive though!
(Commonly added to diesel in all extremely cold climates.)

MrT.

Re: Using electric field to thin fuel

That'd be called "petrol".
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | Science is the belief in
Re: Using electric field to thin fuel
  Trevor Wilsonwww.rageaudio.com.au

Make sure you get it right
MODIFIED turbo diesel Hilux with Arctic compatible fuel

Kev

Re: Using electric field to thin fuel

Because only fuckwits would believe in it ?

Graham

Re: Using electric field to thin fuel

How does it "Thin" the fuel???
sounds like a fuel line heater
might have an effect in extreme cold climates

Kev

Site Timeline