Using a pager as a circuit breaker

I am trying to find information on how to configure a beeper (pager) to act as a power reset device for a remote radio antenna. When the antenna loses its signal the power must be reset which effectively re- boots the device. If I can use a beeper to reset the power, I don't have to drive up to the antenna and reset it manually. Does anyone know where I can get information on this subject? Thanks in advance--Keith

Reply to
samllanas

I wrote a program, and designed some hardware about 10 years ago to do basically what you want:

However as it was so long ago, I can't offer any support, so take it as offered.

I don't know if the same commands will work today on modern pagers, or if the principle is valid, but at least it will give you one idea to get started.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap