kreed wrote

Utterly mindless conspiracy theory.

Even sillier.

Have fun explaining farmer's markets.

No news operation ever is, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That is true,

but about the NBN, Why ? Remember at over $4000 per person, (no doubt will blow out much more) its also very expensive to set up.

Another very big concern is that something like this under government control can easily be designed and optomised to censor content, and also to track what websites ever person visits, who they chat with and so on. Conroy would jump at something like this. This is a very serious matter

New Zealand brought it with Key (like LNP type side of politics) and it was much lower than here. It killed the economy and stirred outrage so much they had to then slash it by 50%

We have MUCH bigger problems in this country than internet service and they have to be dealt with first and fast.

Reply to
kreed

Rob wrote

Yeah, I don't mind him myself.

Bit hyper, I keep wanting to chuck a bucket of water over him, but other than that...

Too stupid to know anything about broadband, but he has Turdbull for that.

Wouldn't want Turdbull in change of anything that mattered, he's even more stupidly green than Juliar.

Yeah, OFarrell and Kennett were rather buffons in opposition but have both done well in govt.

Gunna be interesting to watch how Newman pans out too.

Doubt we will see Labor anywhere that matters for a generation at least.

Yeah, it was only to bail out the Dud when no one was actually stupid enough to tender for his FTTN.

And the absolute vast bulk of us have very decent broadband available if we want it.

Its cheaper to do the worst of it with satellite.

Didn't need to be, all the places where it makes any economic sense already have it.

I doubt manufacturing ever will. And its f*ck all of the GDP in any modern first world country anyway.

It isnt water restricted most of the time.

In spades with the Ord etc.

Its managed a hell of a lot better than anywhere else.

We didn't even get a recession with the complete implosion of the entire world financial system, again.

That's one hell of a result and a hell of a lot better than we managed the last time that happened.

Reply to
Rod Speed

kreed wrote

Nope, most obviously with the ABC.

Because he wants a better broadband than he currently has and he wants everyone else to pay for it. He wont be paying for it himself.

That wont happen.

He's completely irrelevant in at most 15 months.

Nope. You will always be free to use wireless if you don't want the govt perving at what you are doing. You can do that completely anonymously that way.

But were too stupid to pull the plug on it completely.

Yes.

Yes.

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

1st Rudd Labor under the stimulus plan was to fund the NBN with a "SuperProfits" tax, the intention was to remove the $7 billion a year of subsidies from the *BIG* miners while providing subsidies for the small developing miners. The following is a good explanation
Gillard Labor have stuffed everything up economically and just don't have a clue looks like they are running on spin this budget being fudged and the next budget will be due after election in September 2013 (the guaranteed surplus year) Again a good explanation follows

Yeah again a big stuff-up and NZ has to pay billions of dollars under the Kyoto protocal to Russia who are the top 10 polluters. NZ has withdrawn from it (AFAIK)

Turnbull has invested millions on the NBN being successful. Abbott is jus being obscene. I don't believe him and so far he's not shown a clue to bring Australia to recovery (not that Gillard is either)

--
Petzl
Reply to

Pretzl wrote

That is a bare faced lie/complete rewriting of the history.

The Dud proposed his stupid FTTN scheme in the election campaign, BEFORE THE 2008 CRASH HAD EVER HAPPENED.

When he discovered that no one was actually stupid enough to actually tender for his stupid FTTN scheme, he THEN went for the NBN when the FTTN scheme was flat on its face in the mud.

There was NEVER any proposal to pay for the NBN with the super profits tax which actually came MUCH later, as a result of the enquiry into the entire tax system except the GST by that fool Ken Henry.

There was never any such thing.

Even sillier.

Which says nothing like your bare faced pig ignorant lie.

The Dud did in spades with his stupid pissing of billions of our bucks against the wall on stupid stuff we never needed like stupid insulation schemes that killed a number of people and set fire to a number of houses, and the stupid primary school hall schemes and the handouts that few were stupid enough to spend because they werent sure how long they would have their current jobs for.

Govts always do. In spades with minority govts, stupid.

Which again says nothing like your mindless silly stuff.

That is another bare faced pig ignorant lie. No one has to pay anything under Kyoto.

Wrong, as always.

Pigs arse he has. And if he had, he will lose it, you watch.

Like it or lump it.

No 'recovery' is needed, we didn't even get a recession, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

or <

Petzl

Pretzl pig ignorantly lied, as always

Just because some stupid journo claims something, doesn't make it gospel, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Not only journo's Were speaking to a freind who invested in "Farm Forestry" where they plant say 40 rows of trees (Radiata Pine) each side of fence line. In

15 to 20 years they finally havest those trees (then replant). Under the "Kyoto Protocol" the deal becomes uneconomic because of "Carbon" taxes. NZ has since quit that stupid agreement.
--
Petzl
Reply to
Petzl

Pretzl pig ignorantly lied, as always

It the journo utterly mangling the real story.

So they don't have to pay anyone anything, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

And when australia invaded iraq they said they was no evidence of WMD.... Oh wait! they were right about that! What were you saying?

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

t.net ---

That was a Long time ago, they have turned to total rubbish since then.

Reply to
kreed

kreed wrote

Nope.

Mindlessly silly, most obviously with the Indonesian abattoirs that was only last year.

Reply to
Rod Speed