USB TV Tuner

99 replies, not trolling?
--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

no he wasn't trolling. if you had bothered to read the replies you would know that. it's called usenet discussion

--
rgds,

Pete
-------
?If Julia is the answer, then what was the stupid question?!?

"Julia finally got something right. Older people don't vote Labor, because they
have seen too many incompetent, mismanaging, money-wasting Labor governments"

"If the WORLD as a whole cut ALL emissions tomorrow, the average temperature of
the planet's not going to drop for several hundred years, perhaps over on
thousand years" - Tim Flannery, Climate Commissioner

?Wayne Swan threatening the Banks, is a bit like being savaged by a dead
sheep!?

Give Juliar the boot!.. http://ausnet.info/pics/boot.jpg
Reply to
felix_unger

Not seen this on my big screen Analogue/Digital LED Samsung, LCD Kogan, LCD Sanyo (a month old)? All just show a signal strength only but tune in specifically to each channel

Reply to
Petzl

That is a bit of an oxymoron isnt it ?

Unless you are talking old stuff from there, or there is decent stuff that they produce that is NEVER seen or heard of in AU ?

You will find that this expensive white elephant will die with the Gillard Gov, and at its latest that will be next year, hopefully sooner. I wish that the election would be now, so we could get it over and done with

Reply to
kreed

kreed wrote

Nope. I used to think that, then Ken Burn's magnificant docos showed up. The US Civil War etc. And later The Wire etc too. Quite a few of the 'American Experience' series are worth watching too.

Nope.

Some of its like that, but the best of it has been.

Gunna be interesting to see how long she lasts.

Yeah, but its obvious why the independants don't want that.

Most of them will be flushed where they belong and the others like Windsor will be completely irrelevant after that.

It will be fascinating to see what the voters do to the Greens too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You seen Titus?

More of a NBN stir, a big threat with the TV is many will sign up for US$10 a month accounts as opposed to $100 a month Australian one meaning advertisement revenue lost News media are likely to lose their influence also

I believe the government has already discounted the Murdoch press from using it? This will be the domain of the ABC. The trend for media is Newspapers are dying. Statistics will show free TV diminishing as will cable/satellite with ones "smart TV" filling all gaps (TV's will all become permanently hooked up to Internet) as will phones. Shopping online will be instant the "ring now" replaced with "click here".

No one accurately knows where the NBN will take us. Just like opponents to electricity being supplied house to house in Sydney (1904).

As for the NBN being or becoming a "White Elephant" best advice the government is listening to says otherwise. Remember there will be *no copperwire* or telephone exchanges under the "NBN". So you have no choice but to be assimilated

Don't know where you or Abbott get their "advice" from? But it is already a very political issue in my Liberal seat of Macarthur by those missing out in the first round of NBN connections.

Doubt if it is in economic/political interest to now stop replacing obsolete copperwire. No new suburbs are connected with it all fibre. Exchanges that handle coppwire have been obsolete for years now.

--
Petzl
Reply to

Pretzl wrote

Taint gunna happen, because the NBN aint gunna happen.

Stiff shit for them.

Not a chance. Fuck all would be happy with foreign news.

A few do prefer the BBC already, but its riddled with ads and wont even let you watch most stuff outside britain except with news.

Nope, that's a lie.

Fantasy. Its already the domain of all the commercial channels, and the ABC and SBS.

And it remains to be seen if they can reconfigure so that they can coexist with the net. Bet the best of them can. Who gives a shit about the rest ?

Nope, not now we have seen the number off channels 4 times what it was.

Bet that doesn't happen either. The most we would see is the NBN used to distribute it if it wasn't for the fact that the NBN wont even happen.

It doesn't come even close to what you can get free to air TV and PayTV.

Nope, plenty wont bother because their free to air TV provides enough for them.

Even sillier. Hordes wont bother with the net and will just use them to make and receive calls. And those that are connected to the net have nothing to with the NBN anyway.

THere will still be plenty that want to look at stuff before they buy it and want it right away, at the store they can drive to.

Yes we do, nowhere, because it aint gunna happen, you watch.

Nothing like in fact. That didn't have another form of electricity available to almost everyone who wanted it.

Irrelevant, that govt cant possibly last more than 15 months.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed pig ignorant fantasys.

In fact its replaced ABSOLUTELY NO copper what so ever yet and it will have replaced sweet f*ck all by the time the plug is pulled on it.

Even sillier. Even if the NBN did happen, and it cant, you are welcome to go make an obscene gesture in their general direction and go wireless any time you like.

Plenty have already done that and done even use any copper at all anymore except for charging their phone.

Doesn't matter, the plug is going to be pulled on the NBN anyway.

Likely Abbott gets his from Turdbull.

They have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly irrelevant.

And sweet f*ck all in your Liberal seat of Macarthur will have the NBN by the time the plug is pulled on it anyway, so they can stamp their tiny foot till it falls off if they like, they aint gunna get it.

Not one shred of copper wire has been replaced by the NBN.

Another bare faced pig ignorant lie.

Another bare faced pig ignorant lie. They ALL handle fiber fine.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Never saw or heard of it, but can download it it seems

. Good. News media have not looked after our interests for a long long time and have become basically government and corporate mouthpieces, I would not miss it much if the mainstream media was gone tomorrow.

Television news and current affairs are old hat with us now having the internet. TV you cannot skip news items you have no interest in, there are actually very few stories in the time the news is on once you take out the obvious advertising, the "advertising pretending to be news" like stories about a new movie release, new IPOD etc and rubbish like sport.

Finally the biggie is that you cannot leave comments or have a discussion forum with TV like you can on the net.

That is different, there wasn't electricity before then. Currently the majority of Australians have at least 8MB ADSL 1, and usually ADSL 2 also this is more than adequate. The copper phone service and VOIP via internet is adequate too.

I would agree that money should be spent on ensuring that all in Australia have access to ADSL that currently don't, and all new areas be wired with fibre, or fibre to the pits for areas too far from the exchange Would cost a hell of a lot less.

As for the cost, take the amount that it will cost to implement this NBN, and then divide it by the number of households in AU. The result IIRC is $4000+ per home This will probably be borrowed over 20 years from the banksters that control our government, and we will be stiffed with the interest on this for a generation.

All this for something that isnt needed for a more than adequate service that the majority of AU homes and businesses have access to anyway

Anything that the current government says, you should go to the opposite view I have never in my life seen such a useless waste of skin as this lot. Nothing they have done has been a success, and has just left us with debt.

Reply to
kreed

th

p.

h.

Yes, anyone involved with Gillard and the ALP will be gone They know it and want to hang onto the perks for as long as possible. Be a long time before they see any again, unless they are very young.

Oh yes, Im looking forward to that even more. These scum are even worse than the ALP. We need a result similar to QLD for this government.

ow.

Don't know about the capitals where there might be better deals, but in regional areas about the only places you see lots of PAY TV dishes or antennas is in housing commission areas. Makes sense really as those who are working would working so bloody hard to pay their bills and pay down debt while they still have a job, probably don't have time to watch TV anyway, and certainly less and less have money to spend on such luxuries.

Reply to
kreed

kreed wrote

Taint gunna happen.

Corse they have with the best of it like the ABC.

Even sillier. If they were either, we wouldn't have seen the expose of what happened in abattoirs in Indonesia for starters.

More fool you.

Fantasy.

You can with a decent system for watching it.

Even sillier with the ABC.

No one is holding a gun to your head and is forcing you to watch what you arent interested in. If someone is doing that, call the cops.

But the best of those are done by the operation producing the news programs.

There often was actually, particularly outside the city.

Makes no sense with the most remote, satellite is much more viable for those.

No thanks. The cost of blocks of land is already obscenely silly.

All new subdivisions have been RIMs or CMUXes for a long time now.

Yeah, completely mad.

Like hell they do.

Even sillier, the govt pays f*ck all interest rate.

They'll only be around for another 15 months at most.

Not much debt tho.

Reply to
Rod Speed

kreed wrote

Bet Windsor and Katter will survive. Wilke likely will too.

They certainly want to hang on to the power they currently have for as long as possible.

I doubt they will even if they are and none of them are.

Bet that's the reason the brown turd bailed out, he's not stupid.

Yep.

And NSW too. And we'll get it, you watch.

That's not true in my regional area.

Plenty arent, most obviously those who own their own homes.

Almost everyone does.

That's not true either. They've been spending heaps on TVs etc.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You probably will get what you wish for. But is Abbott what you wish for?

Again if you are in shit street living in a housing comission area on real shit wages (families of these people do assist). TV is the least cost for entertainment. Try living on a dole income. Joe Hockey thinks like you

<

The NBN will be even cheaper and creat jobs

--
Petzl
Reply to

But a lot is paid for comment. We are getting the government big business is paying for "us" to vote for. Has happened with both sides of the house with media backing one or the other Look how right Rudd was on the "Superprofits tax"

<

Not that many listen to the ABC though (although I like ABC channel 24 my main station)

--
Petzl
Reply to

t now.

What on earth has Hockey got to do with this ? Out of interest, being generous, according to these figures that means that if 50% of the population is employed ,(excluding children, the elderly and disabled) they will be each paying $800 pa towards this scheme. Sorry - that's getting a bit high for me - on top of all the other stuff we have to pay for.

As for jobs If we hadn't had both parties for the last 40 + going under orders from their bankster and corporate owners selling out our industries and services overseas, we would have still had a lot of industry here, and therefore jobs. Those who are left working wouldn't be constantly shafted with paying the welfare and baby breeding bills either.

I don't buy the "create jobs" line anymore. I have heard it over and over since the late 1970's when the unemployment problem first started to hit the news, and except for the duration of the early-mid 2000's credit bubble housing fuelled boom, have never seen the real unemployment rate drop significantly for any length of time

You can be assured that almost all the equipment for the NBN will be made offshore so basically no jobs there, There will be jobs for installation, and delivery of the equipment but these don't really count, as they will only be short term until the installs are complete.

As for ongoing maintenance that is likely to be similar cost and employment levels to the current system.

Reply to
kreed

that was simply an agenda to help destroy small producers, who the big guys can then buy up for a song. Small Farmers have been the prime target of hate by the gov for a long long time. Cant have a public having food independence from corporation or gov.

Agree on that - except the ABC constantly pushing the man made global warming fraud, (and seems it is still pushing it) long after it had been exposed as a fraud, has finished them for me as a credible source of anything scientific, political or news info.

For some time before the 2007 election and some time after they were basically an ALP and green mouthpiece, were not impartial at all.

Reply to
kreed

I think you and I are on the same track except on the NBN. Which I see as a very big plus for Australia.

Problem is we don't have a leader. Gillard is a puppet being run by some shady "back room boys" operation, voters have no say in who is in control of a Labor government . The "carbon tax" was an initiation of the "Greens" which shows Gillard has no negotiating skills (The Greens won't vote with Abbott) No other country has it, this is a bad mistake

With the Liberals you are voting for someone who *is* in control of his team. Trouble is you will get Abbott who is negative and not been convincing of what he would do different. It tells me he knows nothing about High Speed broadband or how to provide it. Economically Abbott nor Hockey are showing even a slight clue.

With the Greens you get "Christine Milne" they are showing surprisingly a lot of economic sense.They are showing respect for their Leader. My problem with them is they seem to preoccupied with gay and lesbian issues and not being practical on environmental issues

--
Petzl
Reply to

Pretzl wrote

Absolutely certainly will with the vote TWICE what it is for Labor.

Leaves Juliar for dead. At least there will be no carbon tax and no NBN either.

No greens either, you watch.

Street riots cost even less.

Not once the govt changes, they'll be out on their lard arses.

Great, those bums get more than those on the dole anyway.

Yep, because they will pull the plug on it first chance they get.

Fantasy.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Pretzl wrote

Not on the ABC it aint.

Just other other pathetic little drug crazed fantasys.

The media is completely irrelevant to who gets to govern.

That should be obvious with the NSW and QLD elections.

And will be with the next federal election in spades, essentially because almost all of the voters believe that what they are paying for electricity is due to the stupid carbon tax.

He is completely irrelevant.

He's so stupid he couldn't even manage to work out how to stay PM for even just one term.

Even Witless managed to do that.

They didn't need to once the shit had hit the fan about the abottoirs in Indonesia.

FAR too much repetition.

I read the Just In on the ABC web site and watch the 7pm news until the sport shows up.

Reply to
Rod Speed

kreed wrote

He's the one who will be driving the bus when Abbott gets run over by a semi or eaten by a shark.

All completely academic. Juliar will be gone by the time she proposes to start that and the coalition wont bother because they are actually stupid enough to want a surplus even faster.

Even sillier. There are limits on what percentage of Telstra and Qantas can be owned outside the country.

Fantasy.

Even sillier fantasy. Fuck all jobs in manufacturing anywhere in the world now.

In spades with first world countrys.

Which just happens to be vastly more than ever were.

Even sillier.

And there are vastly more in work than there were then.

Another bare faced pig ignorant lie.

And that's with an immense immigration rate too.

And that's vastly more than are involved in the manufacture of the equipment.

Which just happens to be 10 years.

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Abbott is doing a good job in opposition mode, even though he is being ridiculed, this will change once in government then you will see the other side.

can't see why we had to have the NBN the telco's were slowly putting in place fibre.

How come all of Australia is not covered by a mobile network? should this have been a priority of the Labor government?

It will take many years for value adding and manufacturing, in Australia, to recover.

Each country to its own, we should not try to grow rice in a water restricted country. Like many other things.

Australia has the balance wrong.

Reply to
Rob