USB TV Tuner - Page 5

Re: USB TV Tuner

Not true, it depends completely on where you live. Even when we lived in
the northern suburbs of Sydney, we had a masthead amp.

Where we live now, 100% of houses have MHAs coz you don't get reception
otherwise.

Re: USB TV Tuner

"keith ratbag nutcase from hell "

** Figure out what  " rarely " means   FUCKWIT !!

** 100%  WRONG  !!

** 100%  BULLSHIT  !!

A mast head amp only compensates for long cable runs or the use of
splitters.

....    Phil

Re: USB TV Tuner

Its more complicated than that with digital TV where unless you
have enough signal at the TV, you can see no picture at all.

Re: USB TV Tuner

"Rod Speed" .

** A MHA only does what I wrote above.

If there is not enough signal at the antenna terminals  - it will not help.

Long cable runs and splitters WORSEN the S/N ratio  -  but only IF you have
them.

IF you live in a rural area, with all channels on UHF,  AND are at the limit
of reception distance AND you have a long cable run to the TV or STB -  then
using a MHA may be needed.

The issue is the high loss factors in co-ax at UHF frequencies.

20 metres of cable can lose 5 to 6dB of signal.

....  Phil

Re: USB TV Tuner

Yes, but you can see the loss in the cable drop the signal
level down below what the digital TV needs to produce
a picture and a mast head amp can compensate for that
loss in the cable so that the signal is then adequate at the
TV when the signal isnt that great without the mast head amp.

Yes, but if there is too  much loss in the cable with a less
than ideal signal at the antenna terminal it can provide
a viable signal level at the TV to get a digital picture.

You donít need a long run to see significant signal attenuation in the
cable.

And you donít know that his latest situation isnt that.

And you donít know that his latest situation isnt that.

And so you can find that a mast head amp does fix the
problem even when you donít have a long run or splitters.

Re: USB TV Tuner

"Krypsis =  Krackpot "

** You have never done that - ever.

    Fuck off   NUT CASE !!

Re: USB TV Tuner

LOL! look who's talkin!

Re: USB TV Tuner

"felix_unger"

** FFS  -  look what piece of autistic excreta just poked its head out the
sewer.

    Peeeeuuuukkkkeee...........

....  Phil

Re: USB TV Tuner

once again.. look who's talkin!

Re: USB TV Tuner

Try getting a reasonable picture without one if you live north of Hornsby.

Re: USB TV Tuner

 "keith ratbag =  CRIMINAL TROLL "

** Get cancer and die you vile pile of shit.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Love you too phillie baby

Re: USB TV Tuner

That is however a minority of domestic non block of flats situation.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Depends on your situation, drive around our town and you'll see MHAs on
97% of antennas. All our channels are on UHF at a distance of about 30Km
from the transmitter with several lumps of terrain between.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Nope.

And even you should have noticed that that armpit of a town
is a microscopic subset of the total domestic non block of flats
situations in the entire country.

And that's why mast head amps are worth having,
because of the loss in the cable with UHF.

That is however a minority of the total domestic
non block of flats situations in the entire country.

Irrelevant to what the mast head amps are there for.

Re: USB TV Tuner

nope, a significant proportion of the population live in similar areas.

Not necessarily, when we lived in Berowra, and had analog TV on VHF, we
couldn't get a usable signal without a MHA even with less than 10 metres
on antenna cable.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Pigs arse they do.

Fraid so.

Irrelevant to why mast head amps are worthwhile in your new town.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Where I live, mast head amps are not just worthwhile, they are essential,

Re: USB TV Tuner

That's because the antenna needs to be at a decent height in that
area an that means that there is a decent run of cable to the TV etc
and so a substantial loss in the cable because its UHF. So its worth
using a mast head amp so there is no loss in the cable at all.

Re: USB TV Tuner

"keith ratbag  = LIAR "

** Do not believe this LIAR.

His claims are deliberately false and / or missing crucial details.

MHA are not of any use with such short cable runs.

....  Phil

Site Timeline