USB TV Tuner - Page 3

Re: USB TV Tuner

Abbott is doing a good job in opposition mode, even though he is being
ridiculed, this will change once in government then you will see the
other side.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news-old/joe-hockey-questions-ndis-funding/story-fn3dxiwe-1226342876031

can't see why we had to have the NBN the telco's were slowly putting in
place fibre.

How come all of Australia is not covered by a mobile network? should
this have been a priority of the Labor government?

It will take many years for value adding and manufacturing, in
Australia, to recover.

Each country to its own, we should not try to grow rice in a water
restricted country. Like many other things.

Australia has the balance wrong.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Yeah, I don't mind him myself.

Bit hyper, I keep wanting to chuck a bucket
of water over him, but other than that...

Too stupid to know anything about broadband, but he has Turdbull for that.

Wouldn't want Turdbull in change of anything that
mattered, he's even more stupidly green than Juliar.

Yeah, OFarrell and Kennett were rather buffons
in opposition but have both done well in govt.

Gunna be interesting to watch how Newman pans out too.

Doubt we will see Labor anywhere that matters for a generation at least.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news-old/joe-hockey-questions-ndis-funding/story-fn3dxiwe-1226342876031

Yeah, it was only to bail out the Dud when no one
was actually stupid enough to tender for his FTTN.

And the absolute vast bulk of us have very
decent broadband available if we want it.

Its cheaper to do the worst of it with satellite.

Didn't need to be, all the places where it makes any economic
sense already have it.

I doubt manufacturing ever will. And its fuck all of
the GDP in any modern first world country anyway.

It isnt water restricted most of the time.

In spades with the Ord etc.

Its managed a hell of a lot better than anywhere else.

We didn't even get a recession with the complete
implosion of the entire world financial system, again.

That's one hell of a result and a hell of a lot better
than we managed the last time that happened.

Re: USB TV Tuner
On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:45:45 -0700 (PDT), kreed

You seen Titus?
http://tinyurl.com/b4rn92
More of a NBN stir, a big threat with the TV is many will sign up for
US$10 a month accounts as opposed to $100 a month Australian one
meaning advertisement revenue lost News media are likely to lose their
influence also

I believe the government has already discounted the Murdoch press from
using it? This will be the domain of the ABC.
The trend for media is Newspapers are dying. Statistics will show free
TV diminishing as will cable/satellite with ones "smart TV" filling
all gaps (TV's will all become permanently hooked up to Internet) as
will phones. Shopping online will be instant the "ring now" replaced
with "click here".

No one accurately knows where the NBN will take us. Just like
opponents to electricity being supplied house to house in Sydney
(1904).

As for the NBN being or becoming a "White Elephant" best advice the
government is listening to says otherwise. Remember there will be *no
copperwire* or telephone exchanges under the "NBN". So you have no
choice but to be assimilated

Don't know where you or Abbott get their "advice" from?
But it is already a very political issue in my Liberal seat of
Macarthur by those missing out in the first round of NBN connections.

Doubt if it is in economic/political interest to now stop replacing
obsolete copperwire. No new suburbs are connected with it all fibre.
Exchanges that handle coppwire have been obsolete for years now.
--
Petzl

Re: USB TV Tuner

Taint gunna happen, because the NBN aint gunna happen.

Stiff shit for them.

Not a chance. Fuck all would be happy with foreign news.

A few do prefer the BBC already, but its riddled with ads and wont
even let you watch most stuff outside britain except with news.

Nope, that's a lie.

Fantasy. Its already the domain of all the commercial channels,
and the ABC and SBS.

And it remains to be seen if they can reconfigure so that
they can coexist with the net. Bet the best of them can.
Who gives a shit about the rest ?

Nope, not now we have seen the number off channels 4 times what it was.

Bet that doesn't happen either. The most we would see is the NBN used
to distribute it if it wasn't for the fact that the NBN wont even happen.

It doesn't come even close to what you can get free to air TV and PayTV.

Nope, plenty wont bother because their free to air TV provides enough for
them.

Even sillier. Hordes wont bother with the net and will just
use them to make and receive calls. And those that are
connected to the net have nothing to with the NBN anyway.

THere will still be plenty that want to look at stuff before they
buy it and want it right away, at the store they can drive to.

Yes we do, nowhere, because it aint gunna happen, you watch.

Nothing like in fact. That didn't have another form of
electricity available to almost everyone who wanted it.

Irrelevant, that govt cant possibly last more than 15 months.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed pig ignorant fantasys.

In fact its replaced ABSOLUTELY NO copper what so ever yet and it
will have replaced sweet fuck all by the time the plug is pulled on it.

Even sillier. Even if the NBN did happen, and it cant,
you are welcome to go make an obscene gesture in
their general direction and go wireless any time you like.

Plenty have already done that and done even use any
copper at all anymore except for charging their phone.

Doesn't matter, the plug is going to be pulled on the NBN anyway.

Likely Abbott gets his from Turdbull.

They have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly
irrelevant.

And sweet fuck all in your Liberal seat of Macarthur will have the
NBN by the time the plug is pulled on it anyway, so they can stamp
their tiny foot till it falls off if they like, they aint  gunna get it.

Not one shred of copper wire has been replaced by the NBN.

Another bare faced pig ignorant lie.

Another bare faced pig ignorant lie. They ALL handle fiber fine.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Never saw or heard of it, but can download it it seems
http://www.btmon.com/torrent/?f3D%titus

.
Good.  News media have not looked after our interests for a long long
time and
have become basically government and corporate mouthpieces, I would
not miss it much if the mainstream media was gone tomorrow.

Television news and current affairs are old hat with us now having
the
internet. TV you cannot skip news items you have no interest in,
there are actually very few stories in the time the news is on once
you
take out the obvious advertising, the "advertising pretending to be
news" like stories
about a new movie release, new IPOD etc and rubbish like sport.

Finally the biggie is that you cannot  leave comments or have a
discussion
forum with TV like you can on the net.

That is different, there wasn't electricity before then. Currently
the
majority of Australians have at least 8MB ADSL 1, and usually ADSL 2
also
this is more than adequate. The copper phone service and VOIP via
internet is adequate too.

I would agree that money should be spent on ensuring that all in
Australia
have access to ADSL that currently don't, and all new areas be wired
with
fibre, or fibre to the pits for areas too far from the exchange
Would cost a hell of a lot less.

As for the cost, take the amount that it will cost to implement this
NBN, and
then divide it by the number of households in AU.  The result IIRC is
$4000+ per home
This will probably be borrowed over 20 years from the banksters that
control
our government, and we will be stiffed with the interest on this for a
generation.

All this for something that isnt needed for a more than adequate
service
that the majority of AU homes and businesses have access to anyway

Anything that the current government says, you should go to the
opposite view
I have never in my life seen such a useless waste of skin as this lot.
Nothing
they have done has been a success, and has just left us with debt.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Taint gunna happen.

Corse they have with the best of it like the ABC.

Even sillier. If they were either, we wouldn't have seen the expose
of what happened in abattoirs in Indonesia for starters.

More fool you.

Fantasy.

You can with a decent system for watching it.

Even sillier with the ABC.

No one is holding a gun to your head and is forcing you to watch
what you arent interested in. If someone is doing that, call the cops.

But the best of those are done by the operation producing the news programs.

There often was actually, particularly outside the city.

Makes no sense with the most remote, satellite is much more
viable for those.

No thanks. The cost of blocks of land is already obscenely silly.

All new subdivisions have been RIMs or CMUXes for a long time now.

Yeah, completely mad.

Like hell they do.

Even sillier, the govt pays fuck all interest rate.

They'll only be around for another 15 months at most.

Not much debt tho.

Re: USB TV Tuner
On Tue, 1 May 2012 15:56:00 +1000, "Rod Speed"

But a lot is paid for comment.
We are getting the government big business is paying for "us" to vote
for. Has happened with both sides of the house with media backing one
or the other
Look how right Rudd was on the "Superprofits tax"
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-01/mining-tax-makes-good-sense/3981624
<  http://tinyurl.com/co7lrdu
Not that many listen to the ABC though (although I like ABC channel 24
my main station)
--
Petzl

Re: USB TV Tuner
that was simply an agenda to help destroy small producers, who the big
guys
can then buy up for a song. Small Farmers have been the prime target
of hate by the gov
for a long long time.  Cant have a public having food independence
from corporation or gov.

Agree on that - except the ABC constantly pushing the man made global
warming fraud, (and seems it is still pushing it)
long after it had been exposed as a fraud, has finished them for me as
a credible source of anything scientific, political
or news info.

For some time before the 2007 election and some time after they were
basically an ALP and green mouthpiece, were not
impartial at all.

Re: USB TV Tuner

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-01/mining-tax-makes-good-sense/398 ...

I think you and I are on the same track except on the NBN. Which I see
as a very big plus for Australia.

Problem is we don't have a leader. Gillard is a puppet being run by
some shady "back room boys" operation, voters have no say in who is in
control of a Labor government . The "carbon tax" was an initiation of
the "Greens" which shows Gillard has no negotiating skills (The Greens
won't vote with Abbott) No other country has it, this is a bad mistake

With the Liberals you are voting for someone who *is* in control of
his team. Trouble is you will get Abbott who is negative and not been
convincing of what he would do different. It tells me he knows nothing
about High Speed broadband or how to provide it.
Economically Abbott nor Hockey are showing even a slight clue.

With the Greens you get "Christine Milne" they are showing
surprisingly a lot of economic sense.They are showing respect for
their Leader. My problem with them is they seem to preoccupied with
gay and lesbian issues and not being practical on environmental issues
--
Petzl

Re: USB TV Tuner

That is true,

but about the NBN, Why ?
Remember at over $4000 per person, (no doubt will blow out much more)
its also very expensive to set up.

Another very big concern is that something like this under government
control
can easily be designed and optomised to censor content, and also to
track
what websites ever person visits, who they chat with and so on. Conroy
would jump at
something like this.  This is a very serious matter

New Zealand brought it with Key (like LNP type side of politics) and
it was much lower
than here. It killed the economy and stirred outrage so much they had
to then slash it by 50%

We have MUCH bigger problems in this country than internet service and
they have
to be dealt with first and fast.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Nope, most obviously with the ABC.

Because he wants a better broadband than he
currently has and he wants everyone else to
pay for it. He wont be paying for it himself.

That wont happen.

He's completely irrelevant in at most 15 months.

Nope. You will always be free to use wireless if you
don't want the govt perving at what you are doing.
You can do that completely anonymously that way.

But were too stupid to pull the plug on it completely.

Yes.

Yes.

Nope.

Re: USB TV Tuner

1st Rudd Labor under the stimulus plan was to fund the NBN with a
"SuperProfits" tax, the intention was to remove the $7 billion a year
of subsidies from the *BIG* miners while providing subsidies for the
small developing miners. The following is a good explanation
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-01/mining-tax-makes-good-sense/3981624
Gillard Labor have stuffed everything up economically and just don't
have a clue looks like they are running on spin this budget being
fudged and the next budget will be due after election in September
2013 (the guaranteed surplus year) Again a good explanation follows
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2012/s3493350.htm

Yeah again a big stuff-up and NZ has to pay billions of dollars under
the Kyoto protocal to Russia who are the top 10 polluters. NZ has
withdrawn from it (AFAIK)

Turnbull has invested millions on the NBN being successful. Abbott is
jus being obscene. I don't believe him and so far he's not shown a
clue to bring Australia to recovery (not that Gillard is either)

Petzl

Re: USB TV Tuner

That is a bare faced lie/complete rewriting of the history.

The Dud proposed his stupid FTTN scheme in the election
campaign, BEFORE THE 2008 CRASH HAD EVER HAPPENED.

When he discovered that no one was actually stupid enough to
actually tender for his stupid FTTN scheme, he THEN went for
the NBN when the FTTN scheme was flat on its face in the mud.

There was NEVER any proposal to pay for the NBN with the
super profits tax which actually came MUCH later, as a result
of the enquiry into the entire tax system except the GST by
that fool Ken Henry.

There was never any such thing.

Even sillier.

Which says nothing like your bare faced pig ignorant lie.

The Dud did in spades with his stupid pissing of billions of our
bucks against the wall on stupid stuff we never needed like
stupid insulation schemes that killed a  number of people
and set fire to a number of houses, and the stupid primary
school hall schemes and the handouts that few were stupid
enough to spend because they werent sure how long they
would have their current jobs for.

Govts always do. In spades with minority govts, stupid.

Which again says nothing like your mindless silly stuff.

That is another bare faced pig ignorant lie. No one has to pay
anything under Kyoto.

Wrong, as always.

Pigs arse he has. And if he had, he will lose it, you watch.

Like it or lump it.

No 'recovery' is needed, we didn't even get a recession, stupid.

Re: USB TV Tuner
On Wed, 2 May 2012 15:34:31 +1000, "Rod Speed"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/3843253/Taxpayers-face-1b-Kyoto-liability-authors
or <  http://tinyurl.com/322tjvu

Re: USB TV Tuner

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/3843253/Taxpayers-face-1b-Kyoto-liability-authors

Just because some stupid journo claims something, doesn't make it gospel,
stupid.

Re: USB TV Tuner
On Thu, 3 May 2012 06:23:39 +1000, "Rod Speed"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/3843253/Taxpayers-face-1b-Kyoto-liability-authors

Not only journo's
Were speaking to a freind who invested in "Farm Forestry" where they
plant say 40 rows of trees (Radiata Pine) each side of fence line. In
15 to 20 years they finally havest those trees (then replant). Under
the "Kyoto Protocol" the deal becomes uneconomic because of "Carbon"
taxes. NZ has since quit that stupid agreement.
--
Petzl

Re: USB TV Tuner

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/3843253/Taxpayers-face-1b-Kyoto-liability-authors

It the journo utterly mangling the real story.

So they don't have to pay anyone anything, stupid.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Utterly mindless conspiracy theory.

Even sillier.

Have fun explaining farmer's markets.

No news operation ever is, stupid.

Re: USB TV Tuner

And when australia invaded iraq they said they was no evidence of WMD....
Oh wait! they were right about that!  What were you saying?

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

---

Re: USB TV Tuner

That was a Long time ago, they have turned to total rubbish since
then.

Site Timeline