USB TV Tuner - Page 2

Re: USB TV Tuner

"Krypsis"

** You *can* use it fully extend all the time -  but my comment is also
true.

    Cos " ye canne change the laws of physics ... " .

** Bollocks.

The VHF channels are all at a *much lower* frequency than the UHF ones.

VHF 6 begins at 174 MHz while UHF 28 begins at 526 MHz.

A UHF only antenna will not work on the VHF band.

....  Phil

Re: USB TV Tuner

It doesn't work like that with those cheap chinese tuners.

The antenna is basically what will fit in the box.

Not with digital TV.

Nope. Plenty find that what isnt a viable analog
antenna works fine for digital TV and it's a lot cheaper
to get a  set top box than to replace the antenna.

And when there is a long run of coax with UHF.

Wont work if there is fuck all signal there.

Not necessarily. A decent passive inernal antenna may be viable.

Nope, the channels are interleaved in the UHF spectrum.

Fraid not.

No such animal.

Re: USB TV Tuner

That's just plain wrong.

Not in strong signal areas.

You'd better say what the intended use is then.

The bigger powered internal antennas are quite big and not very portable.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Digital is very dodgy at best
If you get it it is picture perfect if you don't you can't
Even if you get it that can change for no ryme nor reason
Like you tried a digital area from ALDI and could only get 2, 3 group
http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_21330.htm?WT.mc_id20%12-03-26-09-17
Got the same without it?
--
Petzl

Re: USB TV Tuner

That's just plain wrong.

And so is that. You can also get dropouts and pixellation too.

That's just plain wrong. Only those who don't understand
the basics get that result.

What ?

Re: USB TV Tuner
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:01:58 +1000, "Rod Speed"

It's known locally as "Dodgey digital"

The dropouts and pixellation are the sames as can't

What's there to understand plugged mine in and picture perfect on all
channel? Then over summer lost the 7 group?

Could get those channels without the ALDI gazzo
--
Petzl

Re: USB TV Tuner
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:10:36 +1000, "Rod Speed"

Still using an old Antenna Thing is why does everything work perfectly
for three years. Then just goes off (the Antenna hasn't moved)

Have been considering a new Aerial
--
Petzl

Re: USB TV Tuner

And likely its very marginal for the 7 mux and you havent even noticed.

Because it was very marginal for the 7 mux and
you didn't even notice until it dropped out.

Do you know how to see what signal level and
signal quality you are getting with each mux ?

It may be that the 7 mux is pretty marginal
at your place regardless of antenna.

That might be fixed by a better antenna
or even just by pointing it better.

Re: USB TV Tuner
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:55:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"

Each TV  station on my TV shows signal strength (mux) all in Digital
were showing 80% (red,orange,green bars) 7 was more than ½ way in
green zone. Then nothing.

The Antenna is old but I can't work out why signal strength
disappeared completely like it was turned off. Suggests something
blocking it? Yet I have clear line of site to Centrepoint.
I rarely watch 7 group at any rate so not motivated in doing anything
right now.
I'm waiting for the NBN to hook up and get PROPER TV from USA and it's
cheap.
--
Petzl

Re: USB TV Tuner

What about the signal quality.

It may be they changed the transmitter producing that mux.

That's possible. You can get the effect of a trap at that frequency with a
fault.

Did your neighbours lose the 7 mux when you did ?

What little I do watch of the commercial channels I do normally watch that
more the 9 and more than 10 in spades. I watch fuck all on the 10 group.

Taint gunna happen for you, like I said. They only have 15 months
and are rolling out sweet fuck all at the moment because they are
waiting for the agreement with Telstra to get signed and approved
by the ACCC so they can do it cheaper. You aint gunna get it, you watch.

Yes, that would happen if it ever did happen. But it wont.

That wont happen. And all you would have got is whats on PayTV right now.

Re: USB TV Tuner
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:23:17 +1000, "Rod Speed"

The picture was very clear almost 3D effect
Can only measure strength with TV for each channel frequency. TV also
gives the frequency range.
Don't have anything for determining quality or even know of one

My immediate neighbour's just use Analogue and Fox

Can watch 7 in analogue if I have to

Well according to NBN I'll have it by then.

Won't know what's happening in OZ any more

Well I suspect Telstra will also object if the NBN was stopped

Quick Telstra summary:
    No share buy-back for the time being
    $0.28 dividend to be maintained for FY12 and FY13
    Board is aiming to increase dividends in FY14 and beyond
This is subject to the timing of the NBN rollout, the reduction in
revenue from the fixed line business, and the various issues such as
regulatory and *political challenges* the company will continue to
face.
--
Petzl

Re: USB TV Tuner
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 17:57:01 +1000, "Rod Speed"

Not seen this on my big screen Analogue/Digital  LED Samsung, LCD
Kogan, LCD Sanyo (a month old)? All just show a signal strength only
but tune in specifically to each channel

Re: USB TV Tuner

That is a bit of an oxymoron isnt it ?

Unless you are talking old stuff from there, or there is decent stuff
that they produce that is NEVER seen or heard of in AU ?

You will find that this expensive white elephant will die with the
Gillard Gov, and at its latest that will be next year, hopefully
sooner.  I wish that the election would be now, so we could get it
over and done with

Re: USB TV Tuner

Nope. I used to think that, then Ken Burn's magnificant docos
showed up. The US Civil War etc. And later The Wire etc too. Quite
a few of the 'American Experience' series are worth watching too.

Nope.

Some of its like that, but the best of it has been.

Gunna be interesting to see how long she lasts.

Yeah, but its obvious why the independants don't want that.

Most of them will be flushed where they belong and the
others like Windsor will be completely irrelevant after that.

It will be fascinating to see what the voters do to the Greens too.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Yes, anyone involved with Gillard and the ALP will be gone
They know it and want to hang onto the perks for as long as possible.
Be a long time before they see any again, unless they are very young.

Oh yes, Im looking forward to that even more. These scum are
even worse than the ALP.  We need a result similar to QLD
for this government.

Don't know about the capitals where there might be better deals, but
in regional areas about the only places you see lots of
PAY TV dishes or antennas is in housing commission areas.  Makes
sense really as those who are working would working so bloody hard to
pay
their bills and pay down debt while they still have a job,
probably don't have time to watch TV anyway, and certainly less and
less have money to spend on such luxuries.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Bet Windsor and Katter will survive. Wilke likely will too.

They certainly want to hang on to the power they currently have for as long
as possible.

I doubt they will even if they are and none of them are.

Bet that's the reason the brown turd bailed out, he's not stupid.

Yep.

And NSW too. And we'll get it, you watch.

That's not true in my regional area.

Plenty arent, most obviously those who own their own homes.

Almost everyone does.

That's not true either. They've been spending heaps on TVs etc.

Re: USB TV Tuner
On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 21:58:23 -0700 (PDT), kreed

You probably will get what you wish for.
But is Abbott what you wish for?

Again if you are in shit street living in a housing comission area on
real shit wages (families of these people do assist).
TV is the least cost for entertainment.
Try living on a dole income.
Joe Hockey thinks like you
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news-old/joe-hockey-questions-ndis-funding/story-fn3dxiwe-1226342876031
< http://tinyurl.com/cqssu46
The NBN will be even cheaper and creat jobs
--
Petzl

Re: USB TV Tuner

What on earth has Hockey got to do with this ?  Out of interest, being
generous, according to these figures
that means that if 50% of the population is employed ,(excluding
children, the elderly and disabled) they will be each paying $800 pa
towards this scheme.
Sorry - that's getting a bit high for me - on top of all the other
stuff we have to pay for.

As for jobs
If we hadn't had both parties for the last 40 + going under orders
from their bankster and corporate owners selling
out our industries and services overseas, we would have still had a
lot of industry here, and therefore jobs.
Those who are left working wouldn't be constantly shafted with paying
the welfare and baby breeding bills either.

I don't buy the "create jobs" line anymore. I have heard it over and
over since the late 1970's when the unemployment
problem first started to hit the news, and except for the duration of
the early-mid 2000's credit bubble housing
fuelled boom, have never seen the real unemployment rate drop
significantly for any length of time

You can be assured that almost all the equipment for the NBN will be
made offshore so basically no jobs there,
There will be jobs for installation, and delivery of the equipment but
these don't really count, as they will only be
short term until the installs are complete.

As for ongoing maintenance that is likely to be similar cost and
employment levels to the current system.

Re: USB TV Tuner

He's the one who will be driving the bus when
Abbott gets run over by a semi or eaten by a shark.

All completely academic. Juliar will be gone by the time she
proposes to start that and the coalition wont bother because
they are actually stupid enough to want a surplus even faster.

Even sillier. There are limits on what percentage of Telstra and Qantas
can be owned outside the country.

Fantasy.

Even sillier fantasy. Fuck all jobs in manufacturing anywhere in the world
now.

In spades with first world countrys.

Which just happens to be vastly more than ever were.

Even sillier.

And there are vastly more in work than there were then.

Another bare faced pig ignorant lie.

And that's with an immense immigration rate too.

And that's vastly more than are involved in the manufacture of the
equipment.

Which just happens to be 10 years.

Nope.

Re: USB TV Tuner

Absolutely certainly will with the vote TWICE what it is for Labor.

Leaves Juliar for dead. At least there
will be no carbon tax and no NBN either.

No greens either, you watch.

Street riots cost even less.

Not once the govt changes, they'll be out on their lard arses.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news-old/joe-hockey-questions-ndis-funding/story-fn3dxiwe-1226342876031

Great, those bums get more than those on the dole anyway.

Yep, because they will pull the plug on it first chance they get.

Fantasy.

Site Timeline