USB Charger - Page 2

Re: USB Charger

I do hate it when people quote overseas prices without saying so! We don't
all go overseas every week. And the cost of postage, currency conversion
charges, bank fees etc. adds to the cost otherwise. Not to mention plug
packs may even need replacing.

MrT.

Re: USB Charger

Hey look, google shows similar items for $30-60 in Sydney!

If you have to pay much for currency conversion/bank fees, you're with the
wrong bank.

Re: USB Charger

Undoubtedly, I just wish there was a RIGHT bank!
But we got exactly what I expected when the Commonwealth Bank and the state
banks were privatised. The exact reason they were established in the first
place.

MrT.

Re: USB Charger (Now OT)

Was about to jump in defense of CBA but I just read the international VISA
transaction fee increase...gah.

Re: USB Charger

Mmmm the product site is down at the moment, but google for a "Qcool OTG"

I got mine with a 60Gig HDD mainly using SD and Memory Sticks with it,
pretty damn useful.

Using it as a portable HDD too...

Re: USB Charger

http://www.usbcell.com /

A standard AA or AAA rechargeable that plugs into a USB to charge with LED
indicators is a win-win for you then Dave?

Re: USB Charger

Nope, more like lose-lose. Wherever USB power is available, mains power
is available too, unless you take your laptop everywhere and want to
drain the battery on that.
Can't use these in the car, can't use it in a hotel room, can't use it
out in the scrub.
What is their capacity?, got to be smaller than a regular cell, that's
a big minus.
Also, with the AAA version, what PC has a mini-USB connector?, not any
of mine.

But it's a cute solution.

Dave :)

Re: USB Charger

1300mAh I think
Its a cute solution indeed when you're travelling with one of those cameras
that takes AA batteries.

Pop into an internet cafe or use the hotel computer, no need to lug the
charger with you if you want to travel light.

Mains power is not always feasible if overseas too... [Though most plugpacks
these days take the full range of 110V-260V 40HZ-60Hz...]

Re: USB Charger

Yes. Pretty uselss for stuff like digital cameras.
I'll stick with my 2500mAh batteries and a tiny USB charger any day.

Some cameras take 4 AA's, that means you need 4 USB ports. And given
the size I bet you can' plug them in one above the other.
Then what about your other gear too?

Many hotels didn't have access to any sort of USB port, but mains is
available everywhere, even in some planes and trains. And who's going
to sit in an internet cafe for *5 hours* while their measly 1300mAh
batteries charge? Want to leave them there while you go out?, good luck
getting them back, and what if you need them while you are out? What if
you have lots of batteries? These things just aren't practical.

I had no problem on my two month round the world trip a few months
back.
My universal AA/AAA charger worked a treat. Everything is universal
these days, if it's not then don't get one that is. I could even share
the mains lead with all my gear because it used one of those standard
Fig.8 type plugs.

Dave :)

Re: USB Charger

I've got a charger here that will charge 2 AAs or AAAs from a usb port.
Possibly a better solution as you can charge 2 batteries at once. If the
phone, camera and blue tooth headset all charged from USB it would be very
useful as it would be possible to have 1 charger in the house and 1 in the
car for all devices.