USA Voltage

Hi I am off to USA for a holiday and wanted to ask, can I use my Battery recharger over there? Here its 240, but there its 120 I think ?

Will it cause any problems, or just charge more slowly ?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Tim

"Tim"

** Depends on the charger.

How about you examine the ratings marked on it.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It won't work. You can probably pick one up over there cheaply enough (Fry's and Circuit City are two names that come to mind which you'll find in most cities) just make sure that it'll work on 120/240V and then you can use it back home.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Charger for what ??? As Phil said, read the small print on your charger.., if it says something like INPUT : 100-240 VAC then it will work in the USA (and almost everywhere in the world for that matter if you get the appropriate pins-adapter)

Reply to
MC

Ken, You have not got a clue!

As Phil said, READ THE FINE PRINT on the charger or get a multi volt Plug pack to replace the 240 only one if that is required.

I have recently been around the world and used the same power supply every where with the appropriate plug adapter.

And I might say I have been doing travel like this and on the way repairing electronics since the 1950s.

--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?
Reply to
John G

John, my clue levels are probably significantly higher than yours, but I clearly slipped a cog that time. You would suspect that if I can figure out that a US charger may work over here then I'd realise an Aus one will work over there. Hmmm. There you go. Mind you I automatically assumed the OP had read his labels already, always a dangerous assumption.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor