USA Voltage

Hi I am off to USA for a holiday and wanted to ask, can I use my Battery
recharger over there?
Here its 240, but there its 120 I think ?

Will it cause any problems, or just charge more slowly ?

Thanks for any help.

Re: USA Voltage

"Tim"

 **  Depends on the charger.

How about you examine the ratings marked on it.

.........  Phil

Re: USA Voltage

It won't work. You can probably pick one up over there cheaply enough (Fry's
and Circuit City are two names that come to mind which you'll find in most
cities) just make sure that it'll work on 120/240V and then you can use it
back home.

Cheers.

Ken

Re: USA Voltage

Ken,
You have not got a clue!

As Phil said, READ THE FINE PRINT on the charger or get a multi volt
Plug pack to replace the 240 only one if that is required.

I have recently been around the world and used the same power supply
every where with the appropriate plug adapter.

And I might say I have been doing travel like this and on the way
repairing electronics since the 1950s.
--
John G

Wot's Your Real Problem?

Re: USA Voltage

John, my clue levels are probably significantly higher than yours, but I
clearly slipped a cog that time. You would suspect that if I can figure out
that a US charger may work over here then I'd realise an Aus one will work
over there. Hmmm. There you go. Mind you I automatically assumed the OP had
read his labels already, always a dangerous assumption.

Cheers.

Ken

Re: USA Voltage

Charger for what ???
As Phil said, read the small print on your charger..,
if it says something like    INPUT : 100-240 VAC   then
it will work in the USA (and almost everywhere in the
world for that matter if you get the appropriate pins-adapter)

Site Timeline