Uninterruptable Power Supply recommendations

I live on the fringe of the metropolitan area and we seem to get quite a few interruptions to electricity supply. Mostly a few seconds to a few minutes.

Anybody recently bought a UPS which impresses them as value for money?

I just need to cover 2 desktop PCs, modem, cordless phone and a fax.

Any recoomendations?

Cheers.

Reply to
Billy

What I was impressed about was it will (via USB) shut your computer down before the battery runs out. Also has phone/power surge protection as well.

Cheers TT

Reply to
TT

"Billy"

** DSE sells the Powerware UPS:

In three sizes.

No delivery charge if you go to a store,

Long 2 year+ warranty as well.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

: > Anybody recently bought a UPS which impresses them as value for money? : >

: > I just need to cover 2 desktop PCs, modem, cordless phone and a fax. : >

: > Any recoomendations? : : : : ** DSE sells the Powerware UPS: : :

: : In three sizes. : : No delivery charge if you go to a store, : : Long 2 year+ warranty as well. : : : : ...... Phil : So Phil tell me this why is your DSE 350VA at $128 better value than my 700VA for $99 when they look like exactly the same unit?

BTW isn't there table of sizes/times upside down?

TT

Reply to
TT

I'm happy with my Eaton Powerware 5110. It is a bit more expensive than the 3105 but it includes mains voltage regulation as well as the UPS function.

Reply to
David Segall

Thanks Guys,

After looking at the specs of your recommended suggestions, I'm thinking the 5110 700va might the one to start with for me.

Appreciate your input.

Cheers.

Reply to
Billy

Something similar

Bifa

Just a quick note, that direct URL complains that the session has expired. If you load

first then you'll be able to properly view the content of the URL Bifa posted.

How utterly ridiculous that an online store/catalogue makes it more difficult to find information on a product you may be considering purchasing! I guess search engine traffic means nothing to them......

Reply to
rowan194

I haven't bought one, but this is pretty cheap: .

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Thanks for the link. Just got one too, for an installation that suffers from short power failures.

Unit is well made by todays standards (as I had to open it to remove that annoying alarm beeper) and I think it represents good value.

Reply to
Kr