unilab telecommunications transceiver

can anyone shed some light on Uni-lab telecommunications at all? A uni-lab KL micro series transceiver (radio repeater, high band VHF) has landed on my workbench & i have no info on it at all apart from the transmit & receive frequencies & the fact that it's dead.. the following information is printed on the back of it:

uni-lab telecommunication ltd

459 scarborough beach rd osborne park 6017 western australia

model kl150B/u/5/26 date 05/91

a google search has thus far turned up nothing regarding this unit or the company responsible for it..

any help tracking down a manual or contacts etc much appreciated.

cheers,

tc.

Reply to
timbo

It's across the road from my gym. I'll have a look for you next time I'm there.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

probably not alot of point - they arent there anymore ;) well, from what i can gather anyway.

cheers,

tc.

Reply to
timbo

but he needs the exercise, dodging the traffic crossing the road

Reply to
Ed -}

Have a search for the Kyodo KL150. Then maybe try Imark as they are the Kyodo agents in Australia.

The Unilab unit was based on that one - although I think they changed the PA board design.

Otherwise, as someone else said, try Spectra Engineering in Malaga, WA. The guys there were involved in Unilab.

Unilab have been gone for a long time now. It went something like Unilab --> Stanilab --> Australian Defence Industries --> gurgler!

You could have a go at trying ADI as well - good luck!

Alan

Jenal Communications
Manufacturers and Suppliers of HF Selcall
P O Box 1108, Morley, Western Australia
Tel: +61 8 9370 5533 Fax +61 8 9467 6146
Web Site: http://www.jenal.com
Contact: http://www.jenal.com/?p=1
Alan