UNIDEN DECT 1805 Power Adaptor

Can anyone tell me the polarity of the plug connections for the power
adaptor for a Uniden 1805 DECT phone thanks? I lost the adaptor but should
be no hassles to make one up.

TIA

WR

Re: UNIDEN DECT 1805 Power Adaptor

If it's the same as other Uniden DECT phones, then it's positive to the tip.

MrT.

Re: UNIDEN DECT 1805 Power Adaptor

This one has a power plug that is exactly like the telephone line plug
(RJ...). The difference is that the two inner conductors are used for the
phone line, while the outer ones are used on the power adaptor cable. It
isn't your normal DC plug and socket. I can recall that it's a 9v dc
adaptor, but I just can't recall the polarity. I guess I'll just pull the
back off and take a look.

WR

Re: UNIDEN DECT 1805 Power Adaptor

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:25:12 +1000, "Wayne Reid"

There are two voltages on the RJ-12 plug on my Uniden 1805, 8V and
4.5V.

Negative is to the right outside on the 8V power, looking at the
connector connector side up and with the connector cable going away
from you.

I can't seem to measure the 4.5V voltage on the pins on the left side,
since my DVM probes are having trouble making contact on the dinky
RJ-12 contacts. I eventually gave up.

I have a separate RJ-12 cable/connector  for the phone line, and the
power RJ-12 connector only has power on it.

Sorry for the incompleteness of the info, but I hope the incomplete
info  is at least some help.

Ross

(To get email address ROT 13)
ebff snipped-for-privacy@lnubb.pbz

Re: UNIDEN DECT 1805 Power Adaptor

Actually that is positive 8V to the outside. :) Sorry about that.

I still can't find the 4.5V anywhere.

Ross
(To get email address ROT 13)
ebff snipped-for-privacy@lnubb.pbz

Re: UNIDEN DECT 1805 Power Adaptor

Thanks Ross - I have a spare 7.5 and a 9 v adaptor so I'll give one a try.
If it doesn't work - too bad.

Site Timeline